PDA

View Full Version : Paradise and Collusion

09-28-2001, 01:33 PM
At Planet, Roy Cooke is there to try and spot collusion. He must be doing a pretty good job because certainly there are very few (if any) complaints on this board concerning collusion at Planet. Personally, I have never seen it to be a problem in the 20-40 games there (I realize that the smaller player base is another reason why collusion is probably less rampant at Planet).

But my question is "what measures does Paradise take to thwart collusion?" and how come we have had no comment from any Pardise officials on all this talk about player "teams" at Paradise? Do they just accept that it occurs?

Lastly, for you guys who are not beating the game at Paradise and are convinced the game is either "fixed" or that the colluding players are too tough to beat, why do you continue to play there instead of elsewhere?

09-28-2001, 03:32 PM
SKP:

Normally you demonstrate logic skills beyond that of mere mortal men but, respectfully, you crashed and burned on this one.

The premise that there are all kinds of complaints regarding collusion on Paradise and not on Planet, therefore Planet and Roy are doing a good job is seriously flawed. Albeit you recognize that a smaller player base is involved.

To illustrate my point, there are considerably more complaints regarding non-random cards on Paradise, I can't recall seeing one with Planet, therefore can we infer that Planet is doing a much better job insuring Planet's cards are "random".

In any event, even if Paradise used identical techniques and Roy to look for collusion on Paradise, then the sheer number of hands involved would be prohibitive anyway.

Finally, I can recall when Paradise did post here and on RPG regarding various issues. They were inundated with posts ranging from flames to accusations, since then I can not recall one post from them.

Regards.

09-28-2001, 05:47 PM
No complaints because NO ONE PLAYS THERE.

09-28-2001, 05:54 PM
God knows that I am more than capable of fuzzy thinking. But, in this instance, I might humbly sugggest that your criticism, though well-founded, is in fact more properly directed at my wretched writing skills as opposed to faulty logic. I say this because with respect to the substantive content of your post on collusion, you and I are ad idem.

BTW, who's "me":-)

Jeez, someone tell me how to get the real smiley face on here...

09-28-2001, 05:55 PM
IMO, not playing at Planet is a huge mistake made by many a Paradise player.

09-28-2001, 05:59 PM
SKP, I've put in about 20,000 ahnds there. It sucks, the software is horrible, the connection throubles are obscene, and they will go out of business soon, I am confident of that.

Being in business for 3 years and doing NOT A GOD DAMN FKING THING to improve that shit software and server problems tells me they are a bunch of lazy clueless dipshits doomed for collapse....so be a dope and keep your money there.

09-28-2001, 06:45 PM
JUST TYPE : )

be sure to not have a space between the colon and this ")" thingy /images/smile.gif . also you must space between the : ) and all other typing. Hope that helps.

G.

09-28-2001, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with your observations. Yet, I contend that the trade-off (i.e., the unquestionably weaker opposition) is well worth putting up with the connection problems etc.

09-28-2001, 07:47 PM
I played Planet for a while but the connection problems cost me 40 dollars (in 3-6 HE) so I quit and I'm back on Paradise. I only play Omaha8 and torneys...so I hope I'm not gonna lose as much to colluders /images/smile.gif. Moreover, it seems to me there aren't many <'(((((< (fish) on planet any more but the lower level tourney (most) players on paradise are just horrible.

09-29-2001, 04:43 AM
I assume you find the medium stakes games at Planet to be softer than at Paradise. Is the same true for the lower limit games? [At this time, I am too fearful of collusion to play higher than 5-10.] Do they have much Omaha action at Planet?

09-29-2001, 12:15 PM
/images/wink.gif /images/smile.gif /images/frown.gif ;( :0

why do you people click on messages with NM in them??

why ?

why?!!

I just wanted to test out the faces. Quit looking!

09-29-2001, 04:29 PM
Sorry Michael, I have no idea how the 5-10 games play at Planet. I do know that they don't get much Omaha action at the 10-20 levels. They might at 5/10 - again I am not very sure of hat.

09-29-2001, 05:44 PM

09-30-2001, 11:54 AM

09-30-2001, 12:27 PM
me too... curious what my "address" looks like