PDA

View Full Version : A Hand with CrazyJim

09-28-2001, 12:50 PM
1-2 Hold 'Em on Paradise. I open raise with pocket jacks in middle possition. CrazyJim defends his big blind. Flop comes 7-7-x with 2 clubs. Jim check-calls. Turn is another club (undercard to my Jack). Jim check-raises. I call. River is a 4th club, of which I have none. Jim bets, I call. He shows pocket 5's, with the 5 of clubs to win the pot. My question is, should I have reraised the turn; I think Jim may have folded if I had done that. Should I have called the river? What do you think of Jim's and my play? Also, Jim sorry about the "nice hand lol" comment I made in the chatbox...I was a little tilting and tired..pleasure playing with you.

Jeff

09-28-2001, 01:50 PM
I think you should have folded the Turn when you were check-raised.

The flop comes 2 suited with a pair.

The board shows a 3 flush on the turn and you get check-raised.

Yes you have an over-pair, but that's all you have. You have no club and so you're basically looking at 2 outs if Jim has either a seven or the clubs. You gotta fold and save yourself some money.

Also, once you called on the turn and the fourth club hit the river there is just no way you can call Jim's bet with your Jacks.

Granted given what Jim actually had, a raise on the turn might have made him fold, and raise on the river probably would have as well. *BUT* you don't know what he had and both of those moves would have been bad.

09-28-2001, 05:42 PM
Hi Jeff, yes we've had some fun at PP.

That specific hand was my once in 10 rounds "Defend to the death" big blind.

It was irrelevent what cards I had other than "a playable hand", I was going to checkraise the turn, and cap a reraise NO MATTER WHAT. As a "mix up your play" move. I keep some dice on the table next to the computer to help me track when it's TIME to make such moves.

I rarely ever defend my blinds to a raise without A) a damn good hand of my own, B) proper odds to call, or c) the dice at 10 and any playable hand that I will slam home.

I also have a "flush draw" die which on every 10 I come-bet my draw on the turn if it misses no matter what.

I got lucky, but did have outs vs a made hand, and was good if you had AK-AT, etc.

That was my thinking. The asswippings continue on and off. I think the games have gotten harder in last month or so, esp during the day, wait lists for 1-2 8 deep!!!

That nite last week, what a madhouse, capped preflop flop 8 out of 10 hands for hours, I got crushed....AA lost like 8 times horribly, etc. But it was fun. Seeya at the tables.

09-28-2001, 05:58 PM
Hey Jim,

Yes, the 1-2 game has definitely gotten tighter, espescially during the day. My suggestion: if you know ANYTHING about stud, play the 1-2 stud game during the day...it is ALWAYS good and always loose as long as you can stand the draw out. .5-1 stud is a rock garden, avoid it. I've also found that 2-4 hold em can sometimes be better than the 1-2 game if you can fade the swings. Go figure. BTW, you should email PP and ask for your chat back, it is frustrating lol!

See ya soon,

Jeff

09-28-2001, 06:03 PM
Ive tried....they ask me back..."What about the phrase FOR LIFE do you not understand" ;-)

09-28-2001, 08:37 PM
I tried the dice thingy at a live game in a B&M cardroom. The floorman told me it was time to go when I rolled a seven and crapped out.

Oh well, thats poker dice for ya.

09-28-2001, 11:45 PM
I just looked at the players/4th percentages for the 4 active .50/1 Stud games:

27%, 32%, 39%, and 43%

Rocks?? I don't think so.