PDA

View Full Version : First Hand w/ JJ

DVC Calif
12-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Hand from Party $50+5 SnG

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1000)
MP1 (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
MP3 (t1000)
CO (t1000)
Button (t1000)
SB (t1000)
BB (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t1000 (All-In)</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero ...???

With no read on first hand, easy fold or autocall?

BTW - I raised 5xBB because I wanted to price any callers with the blinds so low. When I have raised 3x (t45), I usually get all sorts of calls so I was experimenting with a slightly bigger raise. Wasn't expecting an All-in reraise though.

Steve

citanul
12-27-2004, 02:18 PM
I think this is pretty much an autofold.

I'd like to discuss your reasoning for raising to 75. While it is true that many players do choose to raise a couple of extra BB at level 1 since the blinds are tiny, you should also not that there was a limper. Your standard raise at ANY level should rise above 3BB. Most commonly discussed is something around 2x(sum of all limpers) + 3BB.

In the hand in question, put the retard on a set of hands. unless the set of hands is VERY much larger than it should be, you don't want to be taking coin flips here. If you can put the guy on "all pairs, with no favoring towards large ones in the distribution" then you call. But that is nonsense. So you fold. I mean, a stupid person may have KQ here, but you don't want to go t owar at this point for a coin flip and a few chips of EV.

citanul

JasonDB
12-27-2004, 02:19 PM
I fold and wait for a better spot unless I have played with the re-raiser before. You may be up against AK but more likely KK or AA.

P.S. Congrats on the big finish in the million dollar tourney.

DVC Calif
12-27-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to discuss your reasoning for raising to 75. While it is true that many players do choose to raise a couple of extra BB at level 1 since the blinds are tiny, you should also not that there was a limper. Your standard raise at ANY level should rise above 3BB. Most commonly discussed is something around 2x(sum of all limpers) + 3BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was played before the holidays so I was a little fuzzy on my reasoning for my 5x raise. At the time, I did realize that there was limper and raised per formula (2 x t15 plus 3xbb), which worked out to 5x or t75.

Steve