PDA

View Full Version : just another flop limp reraise

Rhone
12-27-2004, 02:06 PM
I usually play 3-6 but I was dabbling at a Pacific 5/10 table for this hand. The table played like your average Party 2/4 game, fairly loose preflop (about 5 to a hand on average) with a mix of loose passive and tight passive postflop.

I am UTG+1 w/ 77

UTG limps, I limp, UTG+2 limps, 2 MP limpers, BB checks.

6 to the flop, which is

K 7 2 rainbow

BB bets, I call, UTG+2 raises, folded around to BB who calls. I reraise.

Was this a good line? After BB's bet I didn't want to force the rest of the field to call two cold. Once UTG+1 took care of that for me, and my two opponents were committed, my thinking was it was worth putting more money in at that point. Anyone think I should have played it differently?

Thanks,
Rhone.

sfer
12-27-2004, 02:14 PM
It's fine, although since the board is drawless I would checkraise the turn since UTG+2 likely has a reasonable King. The only downside is that every experienced poster here, on that board, will put you exactly on a set.

AviD
12-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Or you could openlimp in LMP with KK, not follow through with the pimp re-raise, and get turn raised out of the pot by the BB! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer is trickz0ry!

I agree though, drawless and as long as you are reasonably confident UTG+2 is going to bet the turn and BB will frequently call down with a weak K or less, therefore allowing you to trap on the bigger street. If you are pretty certain BB will fold to UTG+2's turn bet, then I like trapping here for another bet as BB will often consider themselves "already in" to see the turn and will jump ship after that. Better yet if UTG+2 is over agg with his K (and has a strong K) and caps, the BB gets stuck because the pot is so big and may call later streets especially if he turns something, all the better.

Both lines are reasonable, and as usual "depends".

Nutz&Boltz
12-27-2004, 02:39 PM
That's the way I would of played it.

Rhone
12-27-2004, 02:46 PM
UTG+2 didn't cap me on the flop, so I wasn't confident of getting a bet out of him if I checked the turn. So I bet straight out on the turn (which was an A) after BB checked.

Fat Nicky
12-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I'd rather call the flop and attempt to check-raise a bettor and called on the turn.

AviD
12-27-2004, 03:04 PM
I think you can play it either way, again if you think UTG+2 will bet the scare card to either represent a big hand not fearing the A or to feel out his own hand. Betting out certainly indicates you want to feel yours out following through with your flop aggression and UTG+2 may raise in a free showdown attempt or he may call down and that A may have made BBs hand and get you another call.

Either way, I like the turn follow-up bet, but think the turn check can be equally effective and may allow you to get in a turn CR with BB involved if he made his A high hand into a pair on the turn. With your line, I hope UTG+2 or the BB raises (in which case I would probably smooth call and try to get UTG+2s turn call then raise BB on the river because UTG+2 probably isn't calling unimproved and may fold to BBs turn CR anyway).