PDA

View Full Version : If you're going for cheap, do you go 11.5g slug chips or the 9g chips.

Godfather80
12-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Obviously, if I had more cash, I would place an order with Chipco or someone else and get some real clay chips. But since I don't (and I decided I wanted a good amount of chips for my money), I ordered a set of 1000 9g diamond chips. I cost me $11 ($51 with shipping because it's a heavy case) and I like these much better than the 11.5g slug chips my girlfriend bought for me last year. Thoughts?

Godfather

smoore
12-27-2004, 02:00 PM
holy crap, from where?

PinataUT
12-27-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm seeing some 'just ending' auctions on Ebay for similar amounts. A 40,000 reference seller w/ a 97.3% rating...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63759&item=6141514 753&rd=1

ott
12-27-2004, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"all housed in a top-of-the-line aircraft aluminum case."

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the biggest joke. The case is nothing more than a thin sheet of alunminum sandwiched with a thin sheet of plywood. If someone would've dropped that case from a couple feet up filled with the chips, the whole case would break apart. As for the chips, they would fare better than the case.

Godfather80
12-27-2004, 07:45 PM
smoore,

Of course the case is a joke, but it holds the chips and that's all you want from it anyway. As for the chip vendor, just look on EBAY for 9g chips and they should come up. Quite honestly, it's the best value I've gotten from anything with the exception of KEM cards. Just make sure you understand the short comings: the chips are all regularly sized when compared to others of their color (meaning they stack evenly and straightly), but there appear to be slight differences in thickness among the chip colors (meaning two different colors won't stack exactly evenly side by side). That said, I think if you can get them for pocket change and swallow the shipping fee, it is well worth it.

Godfather