PDA

View Full Version : Step Blues - Bad Time for a Power Outage --NO CONTENT--

fnord_too
12-27-2004, 12:54 PM
So, after tons of frustration in the party steps, I'm playing in my first step 5. It probably cost me about 1500 in step 3 entries to get there, man I am thrifty shopper.

I get to the final table (i.e. half the field is out) in good shape. First hand, I snap off a bluff with a reraise and am the chip leader! WOOHOO! Before the next hand is dealt, the power goes out (we had six inches of snow yesterday, apparently that had something to do with it /images/graemlins/crazy.gif).

So I call up a friend of mine, who is of all things at work, on Sunday! (He telecomutes almost everyday, so this was doubly odd.) Call up another friend, no answer. Call up my mom and get my sister, who is home for the holidays, to download PP, log on, and play for me.

I'm the number two stack, ok, all is good. My sister, who knows how to play poker, knows next to nothing about tournaments or the software, so getting vital info is painful. At one point, I doubled up someone with almost 2k because I thought he had 800 still (he had doubled up since the last time I did a stack check).

So now I am an average to short stack and trying to play a tough final table over the phone. YUK!

So, power comes back on, I quick get back online and manage to make it to the final 4. I lost a couple of 3:2 pre-flop favorites and finished in fourth, at least salvaging something.

It's enough to make me think about buying a generator.