PDA

View Full Version : How far is too far?

Bill Smith
12-27-2004, 12:42 PM
SB is fairly TAG-ish.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

-----

Both button and SB in this hand have been very loose preflop. SB is overly aggressive on all streets. Not sure about button postflop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Bill Smith
12-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>(!?), SB calls.

Paluka
12-27-2004, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>(!?), SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn check here seems bad because people love to call down with all sorts of stupid hands when the board has trips on it. You made it back on the river though. The river cap is mandatory, I would probably be willing to put in 2 or 3 more bets here.

Alobar
12-27-2004, 01:17 PM
hand 1 I think you overplayed. I dont cap the flop. When he checkraises the turn, its pretty obvious you are beat.

hand 2 I 3 bet the river. Hell show you KJ more times than he will QT

Hand 3 your turn check is pretty bad. People love to call on boards like these hoping to catch. You missed out on 2BB. The river, I'd like to hope the SB didnt call from the blinds with a 2, but when you check the turn and raise the river, he has to put you on the J, he 3 bets anyway, sure he could have the J as well, but I think that scares me enough to just call.

JrJordan
12-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Hand 1: I probably play the same way as you. I'm not sure what is river check means, perhaps you are ahead on this afterall? Or maybe he's just scared of the straight draw.

Hand 2: Maybe I'm weak-tight, but I probably check/fold the turn here, but you could also bet out and fold to a raise because of your read on SB. On the river you should definitley three bet the button. He doesn't have a higher set because he didn't cap preflop, so the only thin you can worry about is QT.

Bill Smith
12-28-2004, 09:36 AM
This all pretty much tells me that there are major enough flaws in my game that my huge downswing is probably not entirely random.

Hand 1: SB has KK and I definitely overplayed. Should I just call down after the 3-bet? How should I have played differently?

Hand 2: Button shows Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and MHING. I'm moderately surprised people would put him on anything else involving the J, considering I'm holding 2 of them. Everyone likes the turn bet, I take it?

Hand 3: I get shot down by a slowplayed AA.