PDA

View Full Version : A dirty feeling hand at Borgata

sfer
12-27-2004, 12:05 PM
10/20. The game is fairly passive and deliciously loose, with two old geezers on either side of me. I've never seen them before and learned later that both are capable of getting waaaaay out of line, which I've never experienced before from old white guys. I mean both were like a single hash-pipe away from carting a respirator to the shuffleboard room.

Anyway, LAGish UTG limps, new guy limps, old guy to my left limps, I limp with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP, geezer number two limps on my left, mostsmooth folds on the button, terrible SB complete, BB calls. Nice.

7 to the flop for 7 SBs. Flop is A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks, BB bets, everyone calls to me and I call, CO calls, SB folds.

6 to the turn for 6.5 BBs. Turn is a 7 non crub, non diamond. BB bets, we lose UTG and EP, geezer #1 calls, I call, geezer #2 calls.

4 to the river for 10.5 BBs. River is a 2, non crub. BB checks, geezer #1 bets, I don't see any possible way I have the best hand but I call, geezer #2 folds and the BB folds. What do you guys think?

IndieMatty
12-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Since peeps are passive why not raise the flop, bet the turn, maybe do the ol' river check?

Happy Birthday. The Broken Social Scene show @ Bowery now ranks #4 on my list of all time live sets.

colgin
12-27-2004, 12:17 PM
I think you played it fine. You are probably beat but I call the river with those pot odds. I could see Geezer #1 betting Jx (or possibly worse) when it is checked to him on the river given that nobody raised at any point in the hand. He would have some reason to think that nobody has an Ace and his hand might be good. (Or he might just be bluffing at the pot.)

Clarkmeister
12-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Raise the turn, take the free showdown.

nolanfan34
12-27-2004, 03:35 PM
I also like throwing a raise in there somewhere, and Clark's line makes sense.

Mostly though, happy b-day.

AviD
12-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Well if you are going to call the turn, why not raise it for value on all the people drawing to the clubs and those times you are ahead, and check the river. Good ol' put the same number of bets in but gain alot more equity those times yer g00t.

I don't like this passiveness man, what happened to you? Those noodles going to your head? Where's the sfer of old that was a borderline maniac? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Next time we play, I'm raising you on every hand you limp and I act afterwards just to get you going again! /images/graemlins/wink.gif Hopefully you don't pull another KK pimp re-raise balk whiff er sumpthin'.

EDIT: Reading the responses, saw that its your B-Day and my natural extreme level of intuition tells me thats what the cake next to your name means as well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy B-Day dude, I'll have to buy you some dinner next time we play! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

private joker
12-27-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The Broken Social Scene show @ Bowery now ranks #4 on my list of all time live sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know. I think they're coming back to L.A. Would your list also include Metric, Grandaddy, The Raveonettes, and Citizen Bird? If not, you should get out more. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

IndieMatty
12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Granddaddy is part of the best show I have ever seen, it was

At the Drive In, GrandDaddy and Tenacious D back in 2000. AWESOME.

Best sets...with order occasionally changing are:

1. Sunny Day Real Estate Reunion Show @ Irving Plaza
2. Radiohead at Coachella 2004
3. QuickSand/Deftones @ Roseland Ballroom - 1998
4. BSS...
5. Wilco @ Radio City

I have to check out Metric live, Ravonettes I can give or take.

Sorry for the Hijack.

sfer
12-27-2004, 07:07 PM
I liked when Grandaddy played at Warsaw. I got to eat pierogies before the show. And Earlimart opened, which was pretty cool.

sfer
12-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Thanks. Yeah, raising the turn seems pretty obvious now. I blame the stimulants in the cold medicine.

sfer
12-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Thanks. Nice article in the new magazine.

sfer
12-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Geezer #1 slowly, creakily turned over J2o and MHIG. I couldn't believe how frisky he and his AARP buddy to my left could get. Live and learn.

Also, thanks to everyone who wished me a happy b'day who I didn't get a chance to thank specifically. Like Peter Adams.

IndieMatty
12-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Shouldn't you be out binge drinking?

sfer
12-27-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm sick and just took a NyQuil. That counts, sort of.

Michael Davis
12-28-2004, 12:31 AM
"A dirty feeling hand at Borgata"

Did you get to take her home, especially since it's your birthday?

-Michael

nolanfan34
12-28-2004, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Nice article in the new magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. That was a beginner piece of course. One of you AC guys, or the Minnesota guys, needs to write the Playing Live for Advanced Players version with tips on the blind double-straddle, capping every street, chip stack building, and $25 tie-buying at the tables.

AviD
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Lightweight

AviD
12-28-2004, 10:44 AM
What kind of women you have out there in CA? /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Obviously we need to take a trip out there to play some cards.
Bring gloves?

B Dids
12-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Unless I'm reading wrong. Two pair still beats one pair- right?

sfer
12-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah whatever. He had Jack something and I won. Blah. Damn shorthanded players.