PDA

View Full Version : K3o BB special

Chris Daddy Cool
12-27-2004, 10:32 AM
normal party 15/30 table, read on one dude on table and he's a good 2+2er who isn't involved in this hand, everybody else is so-so to bad i suppose.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Super Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Super Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Super Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds, Super Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Super Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Super Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Super Hero checks...

every street is debatable.

Tosh
12-27-2004, 10:43 AM
You're surely not thinking of folding to one bet on the river now?

sfer
12-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey duder, when we talked about my similar K8 hand from the SB, you said you'd check the flop. Why no check here?

IndieMatty
12-27-2004, 11:30 AM
You know the game..UTG + 1 Is raising with 2 spades, TJ, Any crub and spade. AT, a rare unraised AJ..... Or he could have any K and you may be beat, but against an unknown out of the many jokers up here I have to call down. A three bet on the flop could get messy, you are out of position.

The pair up of the 8's helps you, so I may be inclined to bet this river, but I wouldn't enjoy a re-raise. Basically, I can't see you playing the hand any differently, and I bet you won...but I could be biased. saw K3o drag a pot from the BB yesterday with a river, check. this could have been you.

By the way have you gotten a chance to play the higher limits on Paradise?

Chris Daddy Cool
12-27-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey duder, when we talked about my similar K8 hand from the SB, you said you'd check the flop. Why no check here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea the moment i made my flop bet i realized that i had told you opposite advice. and in your situation it was a better flop bet than here because it was more shorthanded and you had a better kicker.

that said, theres no real easy way to play these hands, by checking you're allowing hands to stay in that you don't want to stay in and may be forced to fold the best hand to too much action after you. however, you could of course not have the best hand or have a very vurnurable one that you'd like to see what develops first. which is why position is so important in these aggressive games.

so what's really the best way to play this flop?

on the turn i didn't really have a plan except that i could be playing for a chop or still have the best hand. and that river was pretty much the best card i could hope for and checked with the intention of calling, though, anybody like betting here?

anyhoo, river got checked through and MHIG.

Lmn55d
12-27-2004, 11:17 PM
I think betting the flop is fine here. If there were more people in, I would probably favor checking though as it is less likely to get checked around. Situations where you get raised like this are pretty tricky. With a coordinated board like this, I think there is a good chance you are ahead. If it was headsup, I would 3bet the flop because villain's raising standards are likely lower. In a multiway pot like this, I kind of like calling the flop raise and betting out the turn (folding to a raise). Of course, if you are in the type of game where someone will raise the turn with a hand you are ahead of, then this is a bad move. By betting out the turn you ensure that it doesn't get checked through, which isn't too unlikely if villain was raising with a draw. I think the opponent is less likely to get tricky in a multiway pot that is protected in a way by the 3rd guy. Seeing that you didn't bet the turn, I kind of like betting out the river here as its unlikely you'll get raised by a worse hand and someone with a pair of queens could check through.

Alexthegreat
12-28-2004, 12:55 AM
I find these hands tough, but enjoyable to think through

I would go at this hand one of 2 ways...I always will check the flop and see what kind of action comes back to me....A bet and raise back to me lets me release the hand easily, taking the "got a free flop, didn't hit me too hard, seeya later" approach

If there is a bet from early position, I call and lead the turn, folding to a raise....

If there is a bet from late position, I check-raise to thin the field....Then I lead the turn, folding to a raise....

If it is checked through, I lead the turn, folding to a raise....

I think that the turn is the biggest part of these hands....I like to be in control of the hand by that point, and if I am not, I am ready to fold....I want to get a bet in on the turn if I have the best hand, and if I am behind to a passive player who is going to call me down but not raise, I would rather bet the turn in an attempt to convince him to check behind on the river, because in all cases, I check-call the river....

Richard Berg
12-28-2004, 04:48 AM
Nice hand. The river is a great card, but based on the way things played out I like your check to elicit a bluff from spades (or whatever).

The only real argument to me is whether to check the flop. In a large, laggy field where bets can mean anything, I'd rather see who's willing to raise me than who bets their crappy J/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for kicks. Being OOP sucks; sometimes you have to just cross your fingers and bet, so might as well do it before it's $30 a pop.