PDA

View Full Version : K9s middle pair. pretty boring.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-27-2004, 10:25 AM
ub 2/4 game. no reads but table is okay. typically 3-5 players to the flop.

utg and mp1 limp. i raise in the CO with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. button coldcalls. little blind folds. big blind calls. 5 players to the flop for 10.5 small bets.

flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bb checks. utg bets. mp1 calls. i raise. button folds. bb calls cold. utg and mp1 call. 4 to the turn 10.25 big bets.

turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked to me. i bet. bb calls. utg raises. mp1 folds. i call. bb calls. 3 to the river for 16.25 big bets. i plan on folding the river unimproved.

river: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bb checks. utg bets. this improves my hand, right? i call.

too simple? post something cooler? though comments on all streets are welcome of course.

ipp147
12-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi CDC,

From the posts I normally see from you I like your play like 95% of the time. This hand though....

Preflop - For me the raise is marginal. With KT I will nearly always raise limpers in the CO, K9s I'm not so sure but its not really worth arguing over, I'm probably too weak preflop in these situations.

Flop - You may have the best hand and you don't really want any single J or T hanging around so the raise is fine.

Turn - sop but the checkraise from UTG would tell me you are behind here.

River - I fold. I expect to see Qx, JT or a set from UTG here

Aces McGee
12-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Aside from the preflop raise, I play it the same way, although I'm not expecting to win very often. But I think you'll see 98 often enough to make it okay to call. Though it's close.

-McGee