PDA

View Full Version : European Sites?

09-27-2001, 10:08 AM
I've been playing at Paradise for about three months and UB for a week or so. And although I haven't cashed out at either site yet it worries me to hear scare stories of players having trouble with checks and extra charges outside of the US (From PayPal/Firepay as well as direct from the site)

Do any other Europeans have any comments about this.

Also does anyone know of any poker sites based in Europe?

ps This is my first post, please be gentle

09-27-2001, 12:17 PM
CCCPoker seem to be located in Austria.

09-27-2001, 01:56 PM
I think that it is unlikely that a site will open and be successful using Euros as the playing currency. The biggest population of online players are US based so they won't want to be paid in Euros - doing anything that would discourage this population would mean death to any poker room.

The recent problems with credit cards have created a problem for non dollar players. I used to cash out to the credit card and because the original transaction was being cancelled there were no currency charges or fluctuations. Checks were profit, so I didn't mind paying charges on currency conversion. Now all cash outs are dollars.

I have opened a US$ account and intend to cash out to that via PayPal. I can use the account when I visit the US.

It is an unfortunate fact of life that there will always be a charge to convert dollars into a local currency, the trick is to do it as seldom as possible to avoid a huge rake.

09-27-2001, 02:17 PM
"ps This is my first post, please be gentle"

What are you? Some lily-livered namby-pamby that can't take the flak? If you post here you have to be ready to be trampled and razed to the ground. (Unless you are accepted into the inner circle, that is, of course.) Ask a sensible question and be prepared to be beaten for not knowing the answer in the first place. Give an opinion and batten down the hatches while we tear every word apart with reasons why you should put your hands where the sun never shines.

www.cccpoker.com (http://www.cccpoker.com) seems to be European-orientated.

Talking of which, the European Union Commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).

In the first year, 's' will be used instead of the soft 'c'. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard 'c' will be replaced with 'k.' Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced by 'f'. This will

make words like 'fotograf' 20 per sent shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent 'e's in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as

replasing 'th' by 'z' and 'W' by 'V'.

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vords kontaining 'ou', and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil b no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze drem vil finali kum tru.

09-27-2001, 02:29 PM

09-27-2001, 02:36 PM

09-28-2001, 05:03 AM
nt

09-29-2001, 10:24 PM
Well thats pretty damn good, but there is no problem with checks (or cheques if you speak English). PayPal rips you off as they charge different rates for currency conversion than your local bank will.