PDA

View Full Version : Any other move here?

LSUfan1
12-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 3.70 BB

<font color="blue"> This has to be the worst possible flop for queens! Is there anyway I should even try to call down in this situation? </font>

sublime
12-27-2004, 10:06 AM
you posted by accident, right?

bet the flop

LSUfan1
12-27-2004, 10:47 AM
With 2 overs and the flush draw....you think Im THAT wrong for laying this down.

1st hand in, no reads.

I guess I just figured that even if Im ahead here a single diamond kills me?

sublime
12-27-2004, 10:56 AM
i didnt say you were wrong for folding. i said you should have bet the flop yourself.

jujujaja34
12-27-2004, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you posted by accident, right?
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to bet the flop...ok? If CO calls what's your plan for the turn?

Betting out on the flop is fine AND checking that flop is fine. Without a description of either opponent it's difficult to tell, but difference long-term between betting and checking/folding is very small.

jujujaja34

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Open-fold. Because it's funny.

sublime
12-27-2004, 11:21 AM
With 2 overs and the flush draw....you think Im THAT wrong for laying this down.

i didnt mean posted the hand by accident. i meant the blind.

sublime
12-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Betting out on the flop is fine AND checking that flop is fine. Without a description of either opponent it's difficult to tell, but difference long-term between betting and checking/folding is very small.

you are probably right about the long term ev.

if i am called, i probably bet any club that falls on the turn, check fold a blank.

i say bet out the flop, because i suffer from "potoddsatitis" and think i can pick up the pot one time in 6. i should probably think more about situations like this.

jujujaja34
12-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Sublime,

Ok, we agree it's close then. I will certainly often bet out on the flop. The plan, though, is to have no more of my money going into the pot on the turn or river.

jujujaja34

Alobar
12-27-2004, 01:03 PM
why are you posting in MP? You obviosuly have the dicipline to lay down queens, yet cant wait 2 hands to post a blind?

I think you should bet this flop. I think you win the 1 time in 7 for it to be profitable. Its the last bet I'm putting in the pot tho.