PDA

View Full Version : PLANET POKER is on its way down.

09-27-2001, 04:53 AM
Well, heres the latest reply I got from Planet Poker.

I STRONGLY urge anyone who currently plays there or is thinking of playing there...GET OUT AND STAY AWAY! I cashed out over a month ago, and after 8 letters to them, they are finally getting around to taking care of everyones cashouts. I cashed out thousands from this place, and it is totally irritating to have to wait months for money, and even more irritating to think that someone might have actually stolen these checks, not that they just "gone astray". They are gonna eventually fix this, and I will get my money, but in about another 10 days to a week. SIX WEEKS for a cashout. Nice, huh. You can play there, NOT ME!!!

(I x'd out all my personal info)

Hello XXXXXXX,

Account # XXXXXXXX

RE: PPC-XXXXXXX - $ X,XXX.XX Bank draft sent via the postal service

Planet Poker has received a number of reports from players whose cashout payment (by draft/check) has not yet arrived in the mail. In following up these reports it has come to our attention that all of the bank drafts reported missing are from the same batch. It has been concluded that the August 30th courier package of bank drafts sent from Costa Rica to Miami for entry to the regular postal system has gone astray. Your bank draft was in this courier package.

Please note the following action has been taken by Planet Poker to correct this situation:

1. A stop payment has been issued on your Bank Draft # 7228 in the amount of $X,XXX.XX. Should this draft ultimately arrive please destroy it as it is no longer negotiable.

2. Your account has been credited today with $X,XXX.XX for the lost draft portion of the above cashout. You will receive an automated e-mail with the reference number PPD-XXXXXXXX confirming this credit.

At this time, you may choose to leave these funds in your account, or you may re-request your cashout through the Cashier. (Note: the amount does not have to be the same amount as the lost draft.)

In our effort to reduce the inconvenience to you, you may choose any of the following methods to receive your funds, and we will process your cashout per your instructions.

1. by refund to credit card (assuming you have credits available for refund at this time), and/or

2. by bank draft with courier delivery (no cost), or

3. by wire transfer (no cost), or

4. if you have made a deposit by PayPal, we will process back to your PayPal account.

In all cases, you must enter the Comments: "ATTENTION: LOST DRAFT" along with your preference for payment method on your cashout request form. In addition, if you choose to take advantage of our offer for a wire transfer or courier delivery at no cost to you, please note the following:

Wire Transfer: select wire transfer on the cashout screen and fill the wire instruction form out accurately and completely. Note that some wire transfer routing results in a loss of approximately $15, which is collected by correspondent banks. This is not in the control of Planet Poker.

Courier Delivery: please enter in the comments section of your cashout the fact that you wish FEDEX and include your physical address, a contact name and telephone number. Fedex requires a person at the delivery address to sign for the package.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced as a result of this situation. Please do not hesitate to e-mail back should you have any unanswered questions.

Best Regards,

Planet Poker Support Manager

09-27-2001, 12:27 PM
I find it hard to believe that Planet is going down. I haven't requested a cashout in over 2 months. However, over the past year I have requested over a dozen cashouts at Planet. I have received "EVERY CASHOUT" within 1 week, max. Planet is the only online site I play now, therefore I am very interested to know if others have experienced what you have and their thoughts as well.

09-27-2001, 03:17 PM
my last cashout was a couple of months ago and I did notice that the cheque took alot longer.Last year cheques would usually take 3-4 days.My last 2 cheques took 8 and 10 days.(business days that is)

09-27-2001, 03:29 PM
Lets See In the last 2 weeks no air lines no air mail no fed ex no ups for 5 days is this planet pokers fault OR BIN LIEDEN the butchers?????????

09-27-2001, 06:25 PM
I have played on Planet since it's inception (3 or 4 years?) and have had more then a dozen cashouts and have NEVER had a problem.

09-27-2001, 06:48 PM
So, a batch of checks goes missing. Planet Diagnoses the problem. Then, offers to courier your check at no charge. What's the problem? They make good on a problem and you bad mouth them. Adios and good riddance to you.

09-28-2001, 04:41 AM
And how would you like cashing out $7,000 from a poker site and having to wait 6 weeks to get it??????

Am I being unreasonable? I don't think so!

And as for the Bin Laden incident, I cashed out 2 weeks BEFORE that even happened, so I seriously doubt that had anything to do with it.