PDA

View Full Version : Fairly common blind situation

wheelz
12-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Hypothetical hand, assume it's your first hand at the table, no reads:

PartyPoker 5/10 6-max

You are in the BB with 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

All fold to CO who open limps, Button folds, SB completes, You check.

Flop comes J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, You bet, CO calls, SB folds

Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

What's your line here? Do you bet or check/fold?

If you bet and are called, assume the 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes on the river. Now what? Bet, check and call, or check/fold?

What if there was 2 of the same suit on the flop? Does that change your line?

Alobar
12-27-2004, 06:01 AM
I bet the turn in this spot. There are lots of hands he might call this flop with. A naked ace, a gutshot. Also generally players who open limp from the CO like to play their cards. These players often like to call the flop with hands you cant even figure out what they were trying to catch, for the same reason they open limp from the CO, they like to play their cards.

If I get called, its a tough decision without any player read at all. I dont think a bet accomplishes anything, as more than likely if you get called, you are beat. So its either check/call or check/fold. I prolly call cuz Its my first hand and then I can get a read on him. But check/fold is prolly better EV wise.