PDA

View Full Version : JJ

helpmeout
12-27-2004, 05:41 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

Villian is 60/10 only 50 hands
TOT-A 0.5-1, which means a couple of tricks in my book as he is very loose preflop.

My plan after the flop was to calldown unless an Ace came, when a king came on the river I knew the odds of him having one would be lowered and that he might check his ace through.

When he raised me I thought for a bit knowing that he knew I didnt have a King (my normal play would be to 3bet the flop cos of the flush draw or raise the turn). I still beat a lot of hands here so I called.

Alobar
12-27-2004, 05:51 AM
I dont like the river bet. I'm only making it if I can for sure lay down to his raise. If I'm not for sure, then I don't think it's worth it. I also don't think his numbers are high/aggro enough for him to be 3 betting AQ PF, raising the flop when he doesnt hit and still betting the turn. He might check TT 99 behind, but then he also might check AA or QQ behind too.

bxpeter
12-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Having capped preflop, I would have folded to the flop raise. I don't think anyone but the most aggressive is raising the flop there without AK or AA.

If I continue, I would have either bet-folded on the river or check-called. 50 hands is pretty much nothing, but his aggression factor is low and his preflop raise is kind of low as well. In this case, a number like W$SD when bet/raise could be helpful (with a larger sample of course).

Alobar
12-27-2004, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having capped preflop, I would have folded to the flop raise. I don't think anyone but the most aggressive is raising the flop there without AK or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats a little week tight with out a strong read on your opponent. I would make a play like that with 99 or TT hoping to get queens or jacks to fold

ctv1116
12-27-2004, 05:03 PM
The river bet is a little shaky. You can choose to call down or to fold to the flop raise; I'd lean to the latter (He's got AA, KK, QQ, AK, KQ far more often that 99, TT, AQ, or a stone-cold bluff), being weary that this laydown hurts your table image a lot.