PDA

View Full Version : where did I go wrong?

JRBeav
12-27-2004, 03:38 AM
$33 SnG 10/20 blinds I hold J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB
<font color="red"> Hero stack =t1100 </font>
<font color="purple"> Villan stack =t2450 </font>
utg fold
+1 fold
+2 raises to t60
fold
<font color="purple"> villan calls </font>
SB fold
<font color="red"> Hero call </font>
Flop 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

<font color="red">Hero bet t160 </font>
<font color="purple">villan calls </font>

Turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

<font color="red"> Hero bet t120 </font>
<font color="purple">Villan calls </font>

River A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="red">Hero checks </font>
<font color="purple">Villan raises t800</font>

Was I correct to fold here? and did I play this too slow?

citanul
12-27-2004, 03:52 AM
We're missing alot of info here:

What site was this tournament at, how many people were at the table, what were the stacks of all the players at the table, and notably, is the villain a known loose raiser? And what the hell happened to "+2" after the flop? did he disappear?

It is often correct to reraise preflop here. It is sometimes correct to call, and sometimes even right to just play the hand for set value, and sometimes for set+overpair value. All depends on some factors you have left out.

So, where did you go wrong?

You likely should have reraised preflop. You don't really want to play Jacks against two players if you don't have to.

You then would have been putting in a bigger bet on the flop, though you seem to have gotten that part ok.

Checkraising the flop is a viable option, there are two players to act after you, one of them is the preflop raiser, since you didn't reraise preflop. He's often going to bet any flop, and the villain is often going to call, allowing you to checkraise with the best hand.

Checkraising the turn is a very viable option. These things are all going to change a lot if you had taken the lead in the hand by reraising, so the texture of the hand is going to be different in the "proper" scenarios than the way you have played it.

Your turn bet is pathetic. Yes, you played the hand too slow. Top to bottom, left to right, all that.

The fold on the end seems pretty clean to me. Next time you'll use the button that shows up on the far right properly.

citanul

JRBeav
12-27-2004, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What site was this tournament at, how many people were at the table, what were the stacks of all the players at the table, and notably, is the villain a known loose raiser? And what the hell happened to "+2" after the flop? did he disappear?

[/ QUOTE ]

The site was World Poker Exchange
9 players at the table
Villian doubled up early on with KK
This was still level II so not much read on anyone yet
+2 folded to my t140 bet on the flop

Sorry for the missing information and thanks for the help. I will get all this down before toooo long. Thanks again for the help! /images/graemlins/smile.gif