PDA

View Full Version : Should I feel bad?

Jman28
12-27-2004, 03:35 AM
In an SnG today, I had the big stack and with 5 people remaining, I noticed that the short stack was away (posting and folding). I'm sure I was the last to notice as I was multitabling.

I played strong agressive big stack poker cuz of the short stack. Many times I folded in the SB to his BB for only 100 more (200/400 blinds and he had 300).

Players started yelling at me of course, and asking if i knew him. I just said that I wanted to keep him around cuz i wasn't worried about him winning.

Anyway, I do this whenever I get a chance but the reason I feel bad this time is that the post n fold short stack, who was gone for a long long time ended up getting second! (he was pretty easy to beat heads up)

Should I feel bad that I let a player get second by trying to keep him and the bubble alive for as long as possible?

-Jman28

citanul
12-27-2004, 03:38 AM
No, and you shouldn't have explained yourself to the table either.

citanul

Jman28
12-27-2004, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, and you shouldn't have explained yourself to the table either.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didn't want to make them too mad. I didn't actually explain myself as the real reason I wanted him in was to keep the bubble alive and to steal their blinds, but I see where you're coming from. Don't want other players to start playing correct big stack poker by accident.

-Jman28

citanul
12-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Is there some reason you don't want them to be mad? I mean, if you actually don't like to make people unhappy for your marginal monetary gain, that's cool.

But yeah, there's really no great reason for inadvertnetly making them think about things like "hey, when i'm big stack, I can steal from the 2nd and 3rd stacks on the bubble with extreme prejudice!" most of them really don't know that, and we want to keep it that way, neh?

You played goot!

citanul