PDA

View Full Version : South East Asian Earthquake

Lawrence Ng
12-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Guys and Girls,

This is absolutely devastating, especially at this time of year. My deepest heartfelt to those who are in South East Asia or have family and friends there.

Lawrence

Non_Comformist
12-27-2004, 03:36 AM
another one?

cnfuzzd
12-27-2004, 04:39 AM
canadians are on a 16 hour news-delay from the rest of the world. This ensures that anything to disturbing that might be going into or coming out of canada can be censored. This policy was instituted shortly after avril took up the long and distnguished tradition of canadian musicians who suck.

peace

john nickle

AngryCola
12-27-2004, 04:44 AM
I think it's because Lawrence is developing this nasty habit of starting duplicate threads when the original is still on the main page. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gramps
12-27-2004, 04:51 AM
I read an AP article that for part of it had a couple of quotes from a European traveler at a beach resort in Southern Thailand when the tsunamis hit. He was mentioning that the water receded way, way back and that everyone was standing around wondering if it was the full moon or something...

...it actually pissed me off in a weird way that no one there (all tourists) had watched Discovery Channel or anything. Dammit, if the ocean does that, the Tsunami ain't far behind, RUN!!!!

Apparently Thailand is part of the international early tsunami warning system, but doesn't have wave sensors that far South. I think Sri Lanka and India don't have it at all. That really sucks.