PDA

View Full Version : Question For Irieguy

Jman28
12-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Hey Irie,

I played an SnG with you tonight and I noticed a lot of min-raises from you once we got late in the tourney (you were big stack).

I was wondering what your philosophy on min raises is because I only get yelled at when I suggest them. Thanks.

-Jman28

david050173
12-27-2004, 04:02 AM
Not him. But late in the game, a lot times the blinds are such a large percentage of a stack, the BB has to decide all in or not. The normal 3x bet doesn't have anymore folding equity than miniraising.

Early in a SNG, they really don't accomplish much. People just ignore them. They can also reopen the betting for the person that limped with AA UTG.

Irieguy
12-27-2004, 05:32 PM
I don't recall the SNG in particular, but to answer your question:

If I have more than 13 BB or so late in a SNG, I will min-raise if the other players let me get away with it.

It's usually not a very good tactic, but late in a SNG with a big stack would be one of a few exceptions. I didn't win any SNGs last night... so it must not have worked very well for me. In fact, as I think about it... it must have been the one where I blew the chip lead and finished in 4th or 5th.

Irieguy

Jman28
12-27-2004, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it must have been the one where I blew the chip lead and finished in 4th or 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I think it was.

Thanks for the response.

-Jman28