PDA

View Full Version : Can I get lots of 2+2 opinions on this one?

09-26-2001, 07:00 PM
I have seen many bad beat, collusion, and such post over the last bit. I have even posted one myself. It seems to me that while playing 60-120+ Hands per hour, you are going to see some pretty crazy things.

Taking collusion and the like out of the mix, I would like a question answered. If some of us (not me 100% yet) are playing fairly sound hold'em strategy and our opponents are not, is it fair to say that they are the ONLY ones that have a chance to "suck out" on anyone? After all, if we are playing only profitable type starters, then I'm not looking for a 245 flop because I felt the need to gamble with A3o.

Next, isn't this WHAT WE WANT? Our poker mentors tell us that we will get the best of it under these conditions and we’ve got them. I see these table conditions all the time. I am not a significant winner, but I do take profits from these tables. I see a big hand busted once an hour (at least) by a guy that should have folded before the flop.

I would like this forum and its creators to give us some direction here. Should we change our style and play more hands? See more flops without regard to the odds that will be against us? OR . . . keep playing solid poker knowing that these guys are losers. They probably are now or soon will be . . . LIFE LONG LOSERS.

Thanx,

G.

09-26-2001, 07:48 PM
Bad players are not the only ones to suckout. Most suckouts are a combination of the following:

1) decent odds to go for the suckout

2) mis-play by your opponent (he should have bet or raised)

3) a mis-read by you (but I thought he had AK not AA)

4) bad plays dreaming for the 2 outer.

I recently had a dandy where my 97s (BB) beat AA (SB) with runner/runner 9's in a headsup hand. Defending the blind was a marginal call by me. He didn't bet the flop and the rest is history.

I don't think playing more hands is the correct approach. Playing good solid aggressive poker is still the way to go. Play the table.

It is frustrating on Paradise watching a player play 80% of the hands and winning as you are going through a rough day. But you know that in the end that players will lose his money.

Ken Poklitar

09-27-2001, 01:08 PM
Did the "AA" guy cry "you must know what cards are coming"! Or "the game is rigged"! /images/wink.gif

- Tony

This reminds me of a time I got a free play with J7d in the BB, flopped two diamonds with AT, bet all the way and turned/rivered a KQ. People didn't notice I had the flush draw at first and thought I was crazy betting.