PDA

View Full Version : River action with pair of aces on a paired all paint board

bobdibble
12-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Party 5/10 6-max table is 4 handed

Hero is in CO with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to hero, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, button folds, SB calls, BB folds

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets</font>, SB calls

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, Hero checks

River: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="red">SB bets </font>, Hero calls.

I checked the turn on purpose with the intention of calling a river bet.

Thoughts?

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Why not bet the turn, then? Remember the old rule of betting if you're going to call a bet anyway.

Bet the turn and fold to a raise or a bet on the river.

bobdibble
12-27-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the turn, then? Remember the old rule of betting if you're going to call a bet anyway.

Bet the turn and fold to a raise or a bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I had showdown value and didn't want to be disuaded by any turn CR shinanigans.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Yeah, but I'm saying CR shenanigans mean you're beat and you don't have SD value anymore. Also, you may just win the pot right now against a J instead of having to see him hit on the river.

I think I'm correct, but I'd like to hear from some others.

TJD
12-27-2004, 07:21 AM
It depends:-

Against a passive player I will bet the turn and fold to a raise.

Against a very aggressive and tricky player I will check the turn to induce the river bluff and avoid the tricky turn decision if raised.

Against a player who I have a little info on I will make my best shot between the first two.

Against an unknown I will probably, bet, call a raise and then call the river. This extra 2 bets (won or lost) will give me some information for the future.

Who said it was an easy game? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

T

ctv1116
12-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Great analysis. Against passive players you want to be the aggressor, against the aggressive players you want to be passive (let the guy bluff).

Alobar
12-27-2004, 01:21 PM
nothing wrong with the way you played it. If he was the type of player who you had to worry about getting c/r and that it wouldnt mean you were beat, than I think its an excellent play.