PDA

View Full Version : Dear Paradise Poker

09-26-2001, 03:07 PM
I would like to report someone for colluding in your games.

You see, I met this guy while playing at a poker table at Bay 101 about a nine months ago. It was a 15-30 game I believe, if that'll help. Anyway, he told me he used to collude five or six hours a day in the 3-6 and 5-10 games. When I asked him why he stopped he told me he was only making about $10 per hour and it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Of course, I asked him why he didn't just collude in the $20-$40 game and his answer was very interesting. He said that either those are the very best limit players to ever walk the earth AND they're the luckiest, or they are the best colluders on earth. Either way, no profit. Hope this helps.

Also, I have a good friend who once told me that he knows a bunch of guys in L.A. who formed a collusion ring on Paradise Poker. They invited him to join their "team" but of course he declined. He said they told him they were doing pretty well, but I wasn't able to view their records.

Unfortunately, I don't have the names, addresses, social security numbers, emails, tax returns, fingerprints, DNA samples, or PP usernames of any of these people, but maybe you can use this information to get all these self-righteous 2+2 Internet Forum posters off my back. Thanks!

natedogg

09-26-2001, 04:24 PM
When someone who has respect on these 2+2 forums mentions in passing that he knows "personally" of people that have done it, yeah I believe you should explain yourself a bit. Now you have. Thanks.

Ken Poklitar

09-26-2001, 05:13 PM
Nate,

On my last trip to LA, I had a similar encounter. I was at Hollywood Park, and a very good friend of mind asked me if I still play at paradise. When I told him I did, he said "Stop. I know a 5 player team that plays 10/20 and higher, and they are making 15K a month."

Of course, I can not prove it. It's heresay. I'm not even sure it's true. Just scary. My friend was just concerned for me. He has no reason to lie.

However, collusion does not seem to be my problem on paradise these days. It's beating 23s.

Adam.

09-26-2001, 06:03 PM
Ken I understand. I was just having a little fun with the answer. /images/smile.gif

natedogg

09-26-2001, 08:26 PM
Effectively, I played 2-3 times at 15-30 tables, I noticed a very loose approach---too much loose.

Once I looked at a game with 3 cards (preflop, flop and turn) capped pot. I played my stupid pocket Jacks and won a gigantic pot (Jacks was the best hand of course with 2 overcards in the board). No doubt, I leave the game in a while. What to say? Paradise is the safest site to play on-line IMPO.

Colluders can ONLY have a chance at higher limits, so I play at lower levels and I stay good.

Marco