PDA

View Full Version : Investing in China

theBruiser500
12-27-2004, 12:13 AM
How can I invest in China? What should I study or look for in regards to investing in China? Thanks.

OrangeCat
12-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Best way is by using an exchange traded fund. There are two, FXI and PGJ. Here is a link that will start you out: http://biz.yahoo.com/ifunds/041216/20041216_china_new_etf_es_1.html

Ray Zee
12-28-2004, 03:29 AM
as the people that invested in russia and other unregulated places, they lose money. if you must buy china securitites go for a company that trades heavily with china or a chinese outfit that is in the u.s. and has its stock on our exchange. less opportunity for specatular returns but much better overall. do your gambling at poker and invest wisely in the stock market.
compounding returns over a long time is where you get rich, not by hitting home runs.

laserboy
12-30-2004, 12:46 AM
Investing in China is a complex topic and there's a lot of garbage advice floating around out there. You really should be researching the views of some respected and experienced international investors, not the views of a bunch of degenerate gambling messageboard losers /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Marc Faber and Jim Rogers would be a good start. Google should yield some good articles and interviews. FWIW Rogers has hired a Chinese nanny for his infant daughter so that Mandarin will be her first language in anticipation of the fall of the US empire/rise of China as the world's supreme superpower...

I do agree with Orangecat that FXI and PGJ are good long term bets on China if you are not comfortable doing your own DD, though neither is really a good proxy for the Chinese economy at this point.