PDA

View Full Version : How bad did I play this ?

prox
12-26-2004, 11:19 PM
I admit I may have been a little on tilt.. just got knocked out of a freeroll tournament and that usually does it for me. Also I just joined the table, have no read on this guy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

W. Deranged
12-26-2004, 11:46 PM
I think you are getting out of hand here on the later streets. Pre-flop and flop are obvious caps (flop is beautiful... get as much in as you can).

But, once the turn comes, you have to shut down. Bet out, certainly, but once you get raised I really think you need to just call down. Someone willing to go to that many bets on the flop (particularly after you check-raise) likely has more than AQ, and very likely has two pair or a set. The turn, therefore, very well may have killed your hand (you may be drawing dead to an A only if he has 77, AA, something like that). Call the raise on the turn and don't three-bet.

When the river comes and you haven't made the flush, you really are making a crying call. I would check-call and expect to lose. Even if the flush did come, I would strongly consider check-calling, as the action to me suggests that a flush may not even be good.

JinX11
12-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Tough to say without a read.

Flop: looks good. TPTK, nut flush draw. Pretty good start.

Turn: not bad. When he caps the turn, I get worried: with the board pairing, your flush draw may not be good anymore. AA is a possibility given his pre-flop play. However, this may be one of those "raise-reraise machismo" kinda things....

River: I definitely don't like 3-betting the river. Without a read, I probably bet-call his raise.

He definitely doesn't fear the ace and doesn't fear the paired board. The only hands that make sense for him to play this way given the action (assuming he's a decent opponent, which may be too much of an assumption for the typical PP 1/2er) is AA or AK - you are dead to one, chopping to the other.

prox
12-27-2004, 12:34 AM
thanks for the tips, just realized the forum was for 2/4 or higher. thanks for not flaming me, lol.

I was convinced he has a pair preflop .. 3 bet to drive out the others. I did not put him on AA since I had one, and there's another on the flop. Reraise preflop with 77? Maybe but that's pretty aggressive.

I figured the turn 6, river 2 didn't help anyone, if I was ahead at the flop .. I should still be ahead. No straights, no flushes. Maybe he had AK also, AQs, KK, QQ, JJ. Honestly in the heat of battle, I didn't analyze this well.. just was stubbornly convinced my hand was the best from the great flop. Capped the turn to get in bets since the flush might paralyze him on the river.

Results:
<font color="white"> He turned over AA. oops. </font>