PDA

View Full Version : 1-5 Stud with bdk3clash

sfer
12-26-2004, 11:17 PM
This is, no joke, minutes before I start shivering visibly from contracting a cold while at Borgata. Our 10/20 HE game goes bad, a slow dealer sits down, it's late, and the perfect storm points us toward 1-5 Stud. Brad used to play Stud exclusively (and he wonders why people think he's older than his actual age--duh!) and this is my second time playing Stud live, the first time playing Stud-high live.

So here's a fun one. Some card brings it in for $1, all 2 to me call, and I call with (88)4 (one of my 4s is dead), reasonable player calls, Brad raises to 3 with xx9, the villain, a player who Brad thinks is reasonable, calls with xxQ /images/graemlins/club.gif, everyone calls.

I pick up an 8 on 4th so I have (88)48 and make it a full $5 to go. Reasonable player calls, Brad raises to $10 with xx9A, villain calls with (xx)Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, folds to me and I 3-bet to $15, reasonable player reluctantly folds, Brad caps to $20, villain starts to freak-out and says that's too many raises but calls when it's explained that 3 raises is the max, and I call.

On 5th I catch a blank, Brad catches a blank, villain catches a crub. I bet $5, Brad insta-raises the max, villain calls, I 3-bet the max, Brad insta-caps, villain goes nuts again claiming too many raises, and is again corrected. While it's being settled I say, "Dude, there's no way you're ahead" to Brad thereby proving my pwnage of Stud and Stud hand-reading.

On 6th I suckout huge and catch open 4s making me (88)48x4. Brad catches a blank, and the villain catches another crub. I bet, Brad raises, villain says, "You can't get me out" and calls, I 3-bet the max again, Brad nods and calls, villain calls.

I bet the river dark and catch a superfluous 4 and everyone calls. Brad had rolled up 9s, villain asked to see Brad's hand, and all I think is Josh saying, "Way to get your money in on 6th drawing dead, fish."

Also, Tylenol PM is the pharmacy equivalent of Demerol.

MRBAA
12-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Good game, stud -- better with an ante, though. When Brad gives you that much action with that board, you do realize he has trips, right?

sfer
12-27-2004, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When Brad gives you that much action with that board, you do realize he has trips, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I do now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

bdk3clash
12-27-2004, 05:27 PM
I was actually pretty proud of my play in this hand and knew what Dave had. I just wasn't sure why he didn't consider at least me having started with (AA)9 when I caught an Ace (not a blank) on 4th.

I was initially pissed at the guy asking to see my hand, but I can see why he would be a bit suspicious of being whipsawed.

ElSapo
12-27-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When Brad gives you that much action with that board, you do realize he has trips, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I do now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh awesome.