PDA

View Full Version : snooker fans...

axioma
12-26-2004, 09:53 PM
so i see matthew stevens won the pacific poker uk open.

i knew both steve davis and jimmy white played (davis especially i hear is decent) but did not know of any others.

funny.

Drunk Bob
12-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Snooker? thats like pool? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

axioma
12-27-2004, 09:18 AM
its the game that pool was based on /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Mike Haven
12-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Play snooker online. (http://www.flyordie.com/snooker/)

benfranklin
12-27-2004, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Snooker? thats like pool? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Snooker and pool both evolved from billiards. Snooker uses a larger table with smaller balls and pockets than pool. There are 15 red balls and 6 numbered balls from 2 to 7. When you shoot, you have to make a red ball (1 point) and then you can make a numbered ball, worth face value. Then another red, etc. The numbered balls are respotted after being made, until all the reds are gone, then shot in rotation. For specifics, see Snooker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snooker)

Gallopin Gael
12-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Snooker rocks.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AleoMagus
12-27-2004, 02:51 PM
I have made a century in practice (this post is shameless bragging).

I've also made a maximum playing 6-red snooker. My 6-Red maximum is my proudest snooker moment. Incidentally, I also currently live in Cliff Thorburn's home town.

Not bad for a nine ball player. I'd probably have a total clearance by now if the game was not as dead as it is in Canada. Ten years ago every poolroom had snooker tables still. Not anymore.

Regards
Brad S

dogsballs
12-27-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have made a century in practice (this post is shameless bragging).

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who can do that is allowed to brag about it. I was the first ever isle of skye snooker champion (...except it's an island with a population then of only about 8000 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I could never make more than a 60 I'm guessing.

PS: I still remmeber cliff thorburn making the first ever televised 147. One of those moments that just stuck with me.

Tony Corbett
12-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Snooker is a game of skill, Pool is a game for drunks. I watch snooker and play pool.