PDA

View Full Version : River decision

joker122
12-26-2004, 09:36 PM
i don't really know how button plays post flop but to give you an idea he's 50%/3% and a post flop aggro factor of .8, so i'd say he's pretty loose passive. no read on SB.

party 5/10

i open raise 9 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO. button 3bets, sb calls, bb folds, i call.

flop is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i decide i don't want to push this one as i'm pretty sure i'm against an overpair. however, i have as many as 10.5 outs so i'm going to the river.

checked to button who bets, sb and i call.

turn is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

same action as above.

river is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

check to button who bets, sb calls, i?

like i said, i'm pretty sure i was beat here the whole way, but what if?

Bluffoon
12-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Tough fold but you know you are beat you are playing for the draw. I don't think you can beat enough three bet hands and then consider you are overcalling. Whos is going to call with less the TP ten kicker with you waiting behind them? If they are you will eventually get back whatever you lost this hand and a whole lot more.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-27-2004, 12:39 AM
I think I limp pre-flop and c/r the flop. If it gets 3-bet, I call and check/fold the turn unimproved. If not, I think I'm ahead, bet the turn and fold to a raise.

imitation
12-27-2004, 12:54 AM
I don't play it even close.

I fold preflop.

I lead the flop and keep pushing until button gives me a reason to feel otherwise then I have an easy fold most of the time.

Stork
12-27-2004, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play it even close.

I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definetely don't fold this straight flush/ quads draw preflop. If I think a raise will buy the button over 50% of the time where a call wouldn't, than that's fine, but in general, I prefer to call preflop, because your hand isn't that strong yet.

Alobar
12-27-2004, 05:45 AM
unless I have a decent chance to steal, I dont open raise this in the CO. I dont open limp it either, so I fold.

If you are going to play it that you are already behind from the flop on, then I fold this river. especially after he bets the river. If he really is loose passive, he likely checks behind anything that isnt an overpair. The overcall also doesnt chance my action either way, I'd actually assume that you have the overcaller beat in this spot.

wheelz
12-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Looking at the button's stats makes me want to play it the same.

I'll raise this from the CO occasionally.

helpmeout
12-27-2004, 05:56 AM
I raise this on the button, CO its too weak.

I checkraise the flop and continue to lead, if he 3 bets I fold the turn unimproved.

Calling down is ok as he might have AK.

joker122
12-27-2004, 12:44 PM
like i said, i though it was impossible for button to have anything but an overpair. if his raising standards are as tight as 3% his 3betting standards are even more ominous. also, there are few players who bet this river with unimproved overcards after two opponents have been calling both previous streets. lastly, although i don't give him credit much of a hand most of the time here, the call from sb makes it less likely my hand is best.

of course, button showed AQo and sb showed AKo and HHWG.

Alobar
12-27-2004, 12:59 PM
I'd add that play to his note file.

DrGutshot
12-27-2004, 01:31 PM
this is where it is crucial to have the total #hands that your notes are based on. If this is based off of 400+ hands then I think the river fold is ok. Anything less, though, and I call it down.

-DrG