PDA

View Full Version : Whiffed River Value Bets?

Festus22
12-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Still struggling with river betting sometimes.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-26-2004, 06:51 PM
I was about to say that I bet the river on the last one, but it's tough to say with two opponents who have been calling all the way. Against one, I bet...but they could have been calling with second pair or a weak Queen and the possibility that either has one scares me and makes me check the river.

Second hand, I think I raise the flop here most of the time, largely depending on whether MP is tight and might be limping with a better Ace (not usually the case). I think I bet the river against one opponent who bet the flop and then entered call down mode. Smells of a REALLY weak ace, like A2 or A3.

SmileyEH
12-26-2004, 07:09 PM
First one I check, but it is close. Second is an easy bet IMO.

-SmileyEH

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-26-2004, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First one I check, but it is close. Second is an easy bet IMO.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Tosh
12-26-2004, 08:30 PM
I am betting both.

aflaba
12-26-2004, 08:51 PM
I'd check the first one.
The 8 on the river means you don't beat many hands that would call you.

Qx and 8x beat you.

You beat players calling with 7x and random hands. I guess if you think they are the kind of players that would call all the way to showdown with random cards then you can bet. Otherwise - in most cases I believe - it is a check.

Second hand I'd bet.

Alobar
12-27-2004, 06:03 AM
hand one I check. Hand two I bet.