PDA

View Full Version : Hand that still has me confused on how it was played

shaundeeb
12-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 18 BB, between CO, Hero and SB.</font>

I was all in by the turn yet converter messed up when I tried to make it show that. What can you put SB and CO on?

etizzle
12-26-2004, 04:56 PM
looks like 2 big or medium pairs.

edit: wait, didn't see that CO open-limped. He probably doesn't have a big pair, who knows what he has.

Nightwish
12-26-2004, 04:56 PM
CO has a small to medium pocket pair of some sort that may or may not have made a set or straight by the river. SB has A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, or A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. The last two are more likely than the first one.

Nightwish
12-26-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks like 2 big pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]
No chance that SB has a big pair unless he's absolutely awful.

etizzle
12-26-2004, 04:59 PM
wow, i just woke up and it shows. I totatlly got confused by the preflop action. Let me look at this again.

shaundeeb
12-26-2004, 05:00 PM
This is a PP game so anyone can have anything as shown on this hand once the showdown happened.

etizzle
12-26-2004, 05:07 PM
yeah looking at it again, it certainly looks like SB had a some flush draw and flanked a pair.

I'm still confused by COs limp-cap preflop. I feel like in the 15 this could mean anything from some suited connected to AA.

Rushmore
12-26-2004, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still confused by COs limp-cap preflop. I feel like in the 15 this could mean anything from some suited connected to AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Subtract the last six words from this paragraph, and you're GOLD.

etizzle
12-26-2004, 07:40 PM
'suited connector to AA' is my idea of anything

shaundeeb
12-26-2004, 09:15 PM
CO shows KK
SB shows JJ

surfdoc
12-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Are you still confused?

etizzle
12-26-2004, 10:52 PM
ha, i was right the first time even though i misread the action.

shaundeeb
12-27-2004, 12:26 AM
as in why I lost no, but in how both of them played the hand. Wish I knew what the BB had to 3bet then fold guessing AJ or something along those lines.

Who honestly limps in CO with KK and also the SB had me confused in what type of hand is worth calling for a showdown. I like how he played his JJ calling two cold twice with it even though most players woould drop it even though no overs came just by the betting and capping by me and CO.

surfdoc
12-27-2004, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who honestly limps in CO with KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe someone who is tilting slightly and can't stomach the idea of finally getting a big hand only to win the blinds.

lil feller
12-27-2004, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who honestly limps in CO with KK

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of information do you think c/o has on you? I think this question shows a fundamental mis-understanding of multi-level thinking. If he thinks you are an aware, aggressive player, he probably knows that you are going to perceive his limp as incredibly weak. If he knows this he knows that you will raise with almost anything, giving him an opportunity to limp/re-raise you.

I'm not making any sort of a value statement about this line of thinking, just recommending you expand your horizons a little bit and consider some "not so straightforward" lines of play. The other possibility, of course, is that the c/o is just plain bad, but the fact that he limped/capped shows some sort of awareness, and his aggression post flop shows that he didn't limp because he is weak or passive...

lf

anatta
12-27-2004, 04:00 AM
I thought it very possible that cutoff had a big pair when I read the hand. I don't see what is so hard about this read. Aren't you guys a little suspicious of a player that open limps in LP? Then he caps preflop. Then its a rag flop and he is giving a lot of action against players who have showed strength.

I agree you can't be sure of his holding especially on Party and no way to get away from the hand, and, in fact, I probably just call the flop three bet and raise the turn to try get out SB who looks like AK. Its just that if I got a million bucks for putting cuttoff on a hand, I would choose AA and then KK.