PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about this hand

fyodor
12-26-2004, 04:43 PM
I used to mostly fold such a weak Ace preflop in this situation but someone convinced me for these odds it should be played. Do you agree?

When I actually make a hand on the turn I play for the checkraise hoping someone behind me has a bare Ace. Would you lead out instead?

When the 4th flush card comes on the river do you lead like I did and fold to a raise or check call?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Non_Comformist
12-26-2004, 04:51 PM
I think if you lead out, you then fold to a raise. To do this I think you need to be sure that the opponent is not capable of bluff raising the river. With that board it would be odd to see a bluff raise.

If the player is aggressive to the point where you think he would not call with a worse hand but may bet without a diamond then I think check calling becomes a option.

Either way I think putting no more than 1 bet in on the river is mandatory.

If the player is passive then check folding to a bet is probably wise.

TazQ
12-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Player description would help.

I can fold this in the BB if the raiser is semi tight, or at least has a lower than average PFR. Open raising in MP and raising after a limper are two very different things imo.

Turn is tricky. I think checking is best just in case UTG bets and MP raises it'll define his hand better. If MP bets I like the check raise.

Check raise also protects yourself from making a difficult decision on the river if diamond comes. Now I think you can bet/fold a lot more reliably since you showed so much strength on the turn, like how a retarded nothinking player would slowplay a flush.

I think its a tough hand, would love to hear other's thoughts. I wonder if a case for folding the turn could be made?

rory
12-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Become unconvinced to play preflop.

fyodor
12-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Not much info on the opponent. I had less than 30 hands on him. Slightly loose is all.

Stork
12-27-2004, 02:18 AM
I think there are just a few too many players for me to like the preflop call, especially without position on the raiser.

On the river, I prefer to check-call. At the lower limits I play, I might bet the river, but at these limits, would you really get called without a flush? And I assume you're folding to a river raise, which leaves you open for the unlikely, but ultra-sucky river bluff-raise with AK. Okay, maybe that would never happen, but I still think you're better off check-calling.

Alobar
12-27-2004, 05:39 AM
no way do I play this preflop

the rest of the hand is fine. I lead the river, its HU and you are just giving up lots of bets if you check everytime in these spots. I also fold to a raise, I doubt you'll get bluff raised here after your turn c/r.

fyodor
12-27-2004, 11:50 AM
He just called the river then turned over K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif