PDA

View Full Version : Mastercard and Visa Clamp Down

09-25-2001, 04:31 PM
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but it now seems that no Mastercard or Visa transactions are accepted for "gaming transactions".

We are now forced to use Firepay or Paypal and it seems by posts here that people have had troubles and the fees are high. I have not used them as yet, but in investigating them, it seems you have to climb through a lot of hoops to sign up.

Should we now send checks?

Or are there exceptions to the clamp down?--banks that will still do it, that is.

I already play at Paradise and Planet, and might get involved in Pokerstars, ultimatebet and truepoker.

Please advise--thanks.

09-25-2001, 05:09 PM
Yeah, with all this talk I thought they stopped too,

but just a few weeks ago I deposited some money

using my MC (citibank).

So it's still up to your bank as far as I can tell.

But I HIGHLY recommened PayPal, especially if you

live in the US. I just started using them about a week

ago, and they haven't charged me a single fee.

They make it soooo easy to transfer your money around...If

you run bad on one site, you can just cashout some

money on another, and transfer it all with paypal...

I have yet to try a credit card or check deposit using

paypal, I just used my winnings to fund my account directly from paradise, thats why no fees I believe...

I also have yet to try to wire money from paypal to my checking

account, but I will be soon, and god do I hope I don't get charged a fee, else I will be going back to cashing out via

courier. But from wht I understand there is no fee here either.

09-25-2001, 05:18 PM
i just went with paypal .you have to use your checking account to transfer funds .it takes about 3 days .as far as i know there are no fees in usa . the gaming site is charged a small fee .

09-25-2001, 09:01 PM
Cashout requested 4:20 pm Sun 9-23. In my paypal acct. 3:38 am 9-25 . Hasnt made it back to checking yet, but I'll post when it does. Looks the way of the future.

zooey