PDA

View Full Version : KK on party in $33 SNG's early

Vetstadium
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Whenever I see a raise before me I come in for a decent reraise enough where basically only aces or queens should call a lot of times I am reraised all in and have the better hand but today out of 10 tourns knocked out early 3 times ran into aces. Usually this play works but maybe it is wrong way to do it or just a bad run with Kings, I think it is just recent bad luck though. Any thoughts? My feeling is it is only a $33 tourn and players are bad enough that my KK holds up most of the time, if I do run into aces then oh well, hasn't burned me enough yet to stop.

pokerraja
12-26-2004, 03:18 PM
I dont have a problem with getting all your money in with Kings preflop, early in a $33 sng. This is clearly a plus EV play. There are a few situations where I would contemplate a fold in that preflop situation, but I wont get into that now. So, im sorry your kings lost, it happens, and if you play alot, it will happen more often. Good luck.

Awesemo
12-26-2004, 03:41 PM
The way I look at the issue is this: Folding kings preflop is only correct 1/24.5 times! For most people I don't think that reading this accurately is possible. If you're going to fold kings, you better be very sure someone has aces.

Vetstadium
12-26-2004, 10:27 PM
I have only fold them once in my life I think and I faced a raise and reraise behind me in a multi (the guy did have aces), in a SNG I don't think I will ever fold them.

Scuba Chuck
12-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey Vet,

I tend to agree. You shouldn't be afraid to get all your chips in with KK preflop anytime.

I am interested to know tho, what situations the poker raja would consider folding in an SNG?

Scuba