PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Party & Skins Bonus'

Sponger15SB
12-26-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm just wondering why they even have these and how people even know about them.

Like this COMPBONUS. Was it intended for everyone? Probably not? So why does it work for some people and not everyone.

Is it that they don't care, or they just can't do anything to stop it or what?

Because it doesn't make much sense to me that we keep on finding out all these bonus'

Izaak_Walton
12-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Party gave me a $50 COMPBONUS last month as payment for the 2nd half of the EPASS bonus. I was not able to get another COMPBONUS this time from Party.
I have not previously received a COMPBONUS from Pokernow; and I was able to get it this time.
This leads me to the conclusion that COMPBONUS is a discretionary catchall that is used to give bonuses for "special events" on an individual basis, and only one-to-a-customer during a given time period.
I'm just guessing, of course. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Also, there is doubtless a comparable code at the other skins--it may not be called COMPBONUS, but it's there. If someone would reveal the code that Empire used when they gave smaller bonuses to appease the players during the Empire500 deal, that code would probably work for the rest of us now, etc., etc.

BradleyT
12-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Maybe people try a different form of words every time they deposit and sometimes get lucky /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Next month we should try JANCOMP COMPJAN JANBONUS BONUSJAN JANREL RELJAN JANRELEASE RELEASEJAN COMPBONUS BONUSCOMP, etc.

chesspain
12-26-2004, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because it doesn't make much sense to me that we keep on finding out all these bonus'

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's a freak'n tragedy.

Sponger15SB
12-26-2004, 01:14 PM
C'mon you know that is not what I meant.

chesspain
12-26-2004, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon you know that is not what I meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't try to figure out intentions when I call a string-post. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MicroBob
12-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Now THAT was funny.

Grammar Police Alert: The plural of "bonus" is "bonuses". I would even be okay with the fake-Latin "bonusi". But bonus' with an apostrophe does not make it plural.

UncleDuke
12-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey Bob,

Are pets allowed at the WSOP? I think having to stare down your cat might be even tougher to deal with than Raymer's glasses.

kylemontero
12-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah Im going to Email them now and ask why only 3 of my 4 accounts at poker now got the bonus

crazy canuck
12-26-2004, 04:29 PM
I would even be okay with the fake-Latin "bonusi".

I believe the fake latin plural of bonus would be "boni". But it sounds too much like boner.

Thythe
12-26-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Im going to Email them now and ask why only 3 of my 4 accounts at poker now got the bonus

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible idea. This is a glitch on PartyPoker, PokerNow's part and e-mails will likely make them correct it. They may even take the bonus back ala Empire500.

Lazymeatball
12-26-2004, 07:54 PM
thythe, recalibrate your sarcasm meter

emonrad87
12-26-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible idea. This is a glitch on PartyPoker, PokerNow's part and e-mails will likely make them correct it. They may even take the bonus back ala Empire500.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your sarcasm detector needs a tune-up.

Stupendous_Man
12-26-2004, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe people try a different form of words every time they deposit and sometimes get lucky /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Next month we should try JANCOMP COMPJAN JANBONUS BONUSJAN JANREL RELJAN JANRELEASE RELEASEJAN COMPBONUS BONUSCOMP, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any guesses that the January reload has "05" in it? Or something with "New Year"?

Stupendous_Man
12-26-2004, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only person in the 2+2 community (or even the greater Party universe) that only has 1 account at Party, 1 at Empire, and 1 at NOW? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I've seen people talk about having multiple accounts, even saw Bison's post about his 24hours of straight play and only 8 tabling Party as he only has 2 accounts there.

HesseJam
12-27-2004, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would even be okay with the fake-Latin "bonusi".

I believe the fake latin plural of bonus would be "boni". But it sounds too much like boner.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Europe we actually unse "boni" as a plural for "bonus"

Emmitt2222
12-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Would sharing information on how to easily create a second party account to get a rakeback return be considered non-kosher in the forums?

thrillhouse7
12-27-2004, 03:04 AM
i hope not

cnfuzzd
12-27-2004, 03:17 AM
being that bison is a straight and narrow kind of guy, regardless of his sexuality, i doubt he has multiple party accounts, as that can cause bad things to happen if they ever find out. I suspect that he, like many others, including myself, has single accounts at multiple skins.

peace

john nickle

Stupendous_Man
12-27-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
being that bison is a straight and narrow kind of guy, regardless of his sexuality, i doubt he has multiple party accounts, as that can cause bad things to happen if they ever find out. I suspect that he, like many others, including myself, has single accounts at multiple skins.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

cnfuzzd, you are absolutely right about bison, IMO. Don't know him personally, but from reading his posts, I'd agree with your comments, which is why I was surprised to read a comment about multiple accounts. I did a search, found the thread again, and have to apologize for the reference to bison. I misread the post. He was not talking about multiple accounts at 1 party site, but having 1 account at 3 party and skin sites. Here's the post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1414584&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) I misread. (I sure hope I did this link properly and it doesn't screw up the thread)

Again, my apologizes to bison.

smizmiatch
12-27-2004, 11:26 PM
The bonus given to me by Intertops for my signup bonus was called "COMPBONUS." Perhaps this is because I had to e-mail them and ask for it. Sounds like that's what COMPBONUS is supposed to be -- a bonus code they give out when they screw up.