PDA

View Full Version : Losing Steaks

EricW
12-26-2004, 07:21 AM
Hey guys, I did a search but didn't find too much.

I've had a terrible slump as I've lost 15/16 30+3 sit n gos at party poker. I'm not going to make a bunch of excuses as to why I lost, but I want to know if others have had extended losing streaks similar to this? If you are a winning player, what is the worst short term losing streak that you've had?

Thanks.

partygirluk
12-26-2004, 08:15 AM
I like T-Bone best.

ChrisV
12-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Oh, man. I had a better line than that ready.

The moment has passed now.

ghostface
12-26-2004, 04:33 PM
My birthday was yesterday and we were gonna eat filet mignon, but my mom left the steaks sitting on the counter with a chair next to it while waiting for us to come fill our plates and my dog ate enough of them that we had to throw them away.

Thats a bad losing steak.

partygirluk
12-26-2004, 04:33 PM
lol

FishBurger
12-26-2004, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had a terrible slump as I've lost 15/16 30+3 sit n gos at party poker. I'm not going to make a bunch of excuses as to why I lost, but I want to know if others have had extended losing streaks similar to this? If you are a winning player, what is the worst short term losing streak that you've had?

[/ QUOTE ]

I made about $1500 last month playing the $16 turbos on Stars and have so far broken even this month. So, things are definitely streaky for me.

However, it could be that last month my game was A-1 and this month its gristle.

partygirluk
12-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I was once working behind a bar and we had some sample T-Bones on display above the beer pumps. They were meant to be out of reach of the customers, but one guy came and said he could touch them. I bet him that he couldn't.

He said: "How much do you want to put on it?"
I said : "Lets make it interesting, £100 minimum"
He said: "No, the steaks are too high".

EricW
12-26-2004, 06:50 PM
lol come on guys /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I'd edit it but it won't let me.
So seriously what are some of your worst losing streaks.

texasrattlers
12-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Have you seen this recent thread? losing streaks (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1319058&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)

Vetstadium
12-26-2004, 10:26 PM
I heard of farmer who recently had his whole cattle farm burn to the ground. That lost a lot of steaks.

QuadsOverQuads
12-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Been there.

I think my worst run (out of about 2000 tourneys this year) was in the 0/18 range (and yes, I still have a strong net positive ROI for the year). I find when these kind of downstreaks start happening, it's time to take a break and make sure I haven't inadvertantly introduced errors into my play (those losing streaks can play hell with a player's psychology, and I find that I'll often start drifting toward weak-tight play almost instinctively, just because I'm (unconsciously) expecting to get beat more often than I should). Time off helps. Reviewing the basics helps. Dropping limits for a bit helps *a lot*. But the key point is, you can't change the way the cards fall, but it's worth making very, very sure that those streaks aren't -- even in part -- due to unconscious changes in your play that are hurting your bottom line.

That's my two cents, anyway. Hope things pick up for you.

q/q

stupidsucker
12-27-2004, 12:31 AM
Click my name and check out some of my most recent posts.