PDA

View Full Version : Trapped, Preflop

Schizo
12-26-2004, 06:20 AM
Is it ok to call the first raise?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Chris Daddy Cool
12-26-2004, 06:53 AM
yea its correct to call the first raise and the second raise after. stuff like this happens unfortunately, but unless utg has a serious case of frequent limp reraises, like a signficant percent, then its not something you can worry about otherwise you'll be folding too much.

StellarWind
12-26-2004, 10:48 AM

SamIAm
12-26-2004, 04:39 PM
I agree with StellarWind. Easy call(s) preflop, easy fold on the flop. As Janet always says: That's the way love, that's the way love, that's the way love goes.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000000WJI.01.MZZZZZZZ.gif
-Sam

Schizo
12-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Thanks, nice avatar. Where did you get it?

River2Pair
12-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Dude, I have my settings to 50 posts per page, and out of the 50 on the first page, you started 8 of them. I think you may be posting too many hands. Can there really be that many hands that you need help with? Have you read SSH already?

Most of the people who respond to hands are probably more than happy to help you, but if you're posting too many hands, it makes it harder for other people to get their questions answered. Plus hopefully you should be learning how to think about some of these situations on your own.

Schizo
12-27-2004, 02:36 AM
I have read SSH, HEFAP, TOP, etc. I have been crushing the 2/4 game for a while, then all of a sudden I went through a -115 BB swing in about 6 hours. I have been desperately trying to find out what I did wrong. I will try to limit my postings. Sorry if I annoyed anyone, but I never experienced a hit like that before. Also, when I set my mind to learning something, I tend not to fool around. I didn't mean to cause trouble.

I'm still trying to figure out what is the best method for gathering reads. Right now all I do is play 2-3 tables and read 2+2. I'm pretty much in autopilot mode and I haven't figured out what is the best way to gather information for reads while mutlitabling and reading 2+2. Should I still watch every hand?

jclin
12-27-2004, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have read SSH, HEFAP, TOP, etc. I have been crushing the 2/4 game for a while, then all of a sudden I went through a -115 BB swing in about 6 hours. I have been desperately trying to find out what I did wrong. I will try to limit my postings. Sorry if I annoyed anyone, but I never experienced a hit like that before. Also, when I set my mind to learning something, I tend not to fool around. I didn't mean to cause trouble.

I'm still trying to figure out what is the best method for gathering reads. Right now all I do is play 2-3 tables and read 2+2. I'm pretty much in autopilot mode and I haven't figured out what is the best way to gather information for reads while mutlitabling and reading 2+2. Should I still watch every hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

-115BB in 6 hours? Ouch. But, I've had similar instances. From what I've seen, your play is pretty good. Just a case of the bad luck.