PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 6max out of position and lost

Non_Comformist
12-26-2004, 03:50 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $10.
CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero (poster) checks.

The table was very loose passive. Players will call one bet on the flop regardless of holdings

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

I checked hoping an LP player would bet and I could check raise putting 2 bets to the feild

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Not sure what to do here with 2 pair. maybe bet out, and then fold to a raise?

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Schneids
12-26-2004, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (5 SB) 2, 4, 3 (5 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

I checked hoping an LP player would bet and I could check raise putting 2 bets to the feild

[/ QUOTE ]

This is backwards logic. You've got one guy let to act behind you...any check raise is going to trap the entire field for at least two bets... You really do not want that with a pair of fours on such a draw heavy flop. Your hand, although probably winning, does not have much equity against the field due to how many cards can come on the turn and river that are absolutely horrible for your hand. The fact you only called is good...I have no idea why check raise is being uttered on this flop. For what it's worth if I had posted in MP (I wait for BB unless it a misclick) I would have bet on this flop.

As for the turn it'll take a lot for me to fold... if I had check/called the flop I'd probably bet and call a raise on the turn.

If I had bet the turn and didn't get raised, I'd bet the river if only one opponent in, and maybe so as well if two in. The reason for betting with two people in is because I'm hoping the first guy calls me w/o a spade and the second guy then folds rather than overcalls with a baby spade (doubtful but it does sometimes happen).

Non_Comformist
12-26-2004, 04:13 AM
The posting early was a misclick which of course had to pay more than the SB for. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

imitation
12-26-2004, 08:29 AM
He is in the BB the hand has just been incorrectly converted. Look for my post on the front page about how to convert them properly.

Non_Comformist
12-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP doesn't show.
Outcome: MP wins 8 BB. </font>

Non_Comformist
12-26-2004, 08:43 AM
TY