PDA

View Full Version : The soon-to-be death of Paradise

09-23-2001, 01:23 AM
I was looking to buy in to Paradise this Saturday to get the 10% free roll. It's the only way I'll play there and even then I kinda hate myself for it. Sometimes I bust out after cashing out my original $600 and sometimes I run it up a bit then get really pissed at the beats and cash out the sugar. Either way it's a free roll, costs only my time and the small risk that the $600 buy in gets hijacked. So far so good.

This time I refuse to use Firepay, a bunch of incompetent hacks if ever there were. I check out the PayPal option and even though I already have an account it will take 3-4 days for the bank transfer to clear. No good, takes too long. I resign myself to the 5 1/4 point vig and punch in my Visa. Won't go. My bank or Visa in general is not doing business with these Costa Rican clowns. Why am I? Next I try the Master Card. I'm warned that they no longer can credit back to my M/C and I'll need to wait for a check instead. That puts me up against the free float on the credit card costing maybe another 2 points.

Paradise wants me to use Firepay. OK, maybe just this once. If they screw me I can get Visa to not pay them but that's a lot of correspondence for a $60 free roll. Good news/bad news, Firepay site is not in action so I'm saved from dealing with those jokers. I try to punch in my M/C into Paradise's cashier. No good. M/C has cut off these Bozo's as well.

Net net I gave up. So too will many others. Mostly the real pigeons will quit (or never get started) and just imagine what a Darwinistic nightmare Paradise will become with little new money making it's way into the games. Keep an eye on total players. I predict a slow fall and a really rapid decline in the quality of the games.

09-23-2001, 02:17 AM
I agree the inability to put money into online gambling sites is probably hampering "casual" players from playing... Which is not good for the players making money from online poker. As it is though, I still love online poker. /images/smile.gif PayPal is great, and hopefully will allieviate some of these problems!

- Tony

09-23-2001, 09:50 AM
I finally took the plunge into online poker. I tried buying in through PayPal, but the transaction was denied by my credit card company presumably because it was for online gambling. So I signed up for FirePay and it seemed to work fine.

09-23-2001, 04:41 PM
the games at Paradise already are terrible. Everyone is playing tight. And they raise a lot too. But everyone is still playing there.

All the other sites, planet, stars, true, ultimatebet, party, can't even begin to compete with the Paradise player base, at least in terms of real money games. Planet came close once, but they really screwed it up by not doing a major reworking of their servers and software.

Until one of their competitors really gets their stuff together and becomes a legitimate contender, I think that Paradise will be doing just fine for a long time. People will go where the action is. No one likes sitting around for half an hour trying to start a new table.

sucker

09-23-2001, 05:23 PM
you may be a sucker, but you're not dumb!!! you hit the nail on the head when you used the word ACTION. that is so important that some of the newer efforts (new sites) have been rather good, but NO action.

in football they would say that the Paradise team has the momentum. that is hard to overcome

09-24-2001, 01:51 AM
Good luck to those of you with funds on deposit.