PDA

View Full Version : You are not alone!

09-23-2001, 12:33 AM
Encouraged by an earlier bad beat post, here is the highlight reel from my latest downswing.

1.JJ flop JKx he has JQ...Who wins that battle?

2. I have KK v KTo, flop T44. Runner runner flush besto!

3. I have AQo, slap. Flop Q24, moron bets I slap, hero cold calls 2 again with AJo. Turn K, river T thanks for the free T-shirt. BAM.

4.Q9o bb flop 289, I CR button bettor, guy cold calls 2 with 56o.

Turn 4 river 3. Runner Runner str8 besto cards win again.

5. JJ slap. It's 3 ways. flop ATx I bet 2 callers (one has Q8 besto). Turn J I bet Q8 peels another one of the deck. River Kingerina!

6. AA slap, both blinds defend with 9To. Flop 995! Lot of outs there men!

7. AA biggest of blinds. I'm on this loosy goosy table. Folds to sb....blink blink, tops up with 22! Flop Q25 and he slow rolls the momma! Besto cards.

8. 55 bb gets raised, 4 smoothers I top up. Flop T5T with a flush draw on! Many bets were placed by me, alas a man held the hand T5o which he had cold called 2 pre flop with.

9. JK slaps, I smooth from bb with 99 - 4 ways. Flop J9x, cappacino! Who wins that battle? Turn J cappacino, river King besto! /images/smile.gif

10. QQ flop Qtx he has AJ...riverina King, that's not that bad tho I guess...he had a gut buster /images/smile.gif

Although, my spirits lifted when I had KK. I had the joy of 3 betting it, and a guy cold called 3 to my left. 4 ways flop AKx....I went quite hard! Cappacino flop, 3 on the turn and riverina! Alas the preflop smoother had the hand Ace with an Ace!

Miles..So What.

09-23-2001, 02:47 AM
Ok, you win!

My bad beats are insignificant comparing to yours...

09-23-2001, 09:10 AM
The swing has indeed been a viscious one, although I must say that these beats happen all over the place, and I do not feel overly distraught.

It was about $350 on 2-4 in the space of 6 hours, which is impressive, but with 2 tables going and the hands per hour...it's not too bad. Some people I know have been through stretches like this..then another back to back...then 3 bad runs in a row.

If I wasn't such a bloody rock, and emotionally detached from the game in a zen like state, I may have tilted. I am glad to say I lost little/no cash to tilt calls.

Bring on the next bad run!

Miles...So What.