PDA

View Full Version : need serious advice here concerning affiliate rake back program.

pokerraja
12-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Hi guys. I mostly post in mtt section. But sng's are actually my main game. I play about 20 sngs a day on average ($33 and $55). I have been at PP for last 14 months. This is where I play the majority of the time. Im not in any type of affiliate program. I actually did not even hear about this thing until recently. Im really not too knowledgeable on how this works. But im wondering, am I missing out on somthing here? considering the amount of sngs I play? Ive heard that Its too late for me to start an affiliate program at PP now, but that I could actually register an account at empire and do the affiliate programs there. Is this an option? If anyone could be so kind and point me in the right direction here, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks , and happy holidays.

ps- the reason Im posting this here is too see if most veteran sng players do this affiliate programs.

AleoMagus
12-26-2004, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the reason Im posting this here is too see if most veteran sng players do this affiliate programs

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Twenty $33 SNGs per day is $60 in fees each day. With a 20% return back to you, that's $12 per day. If you play 20 days each month, that's an extra $240 per month.

Check out www.rakerebatereview.com (http://www.rakerebatereview.com) for comparison of some affilliate rates and possible options.

There are other comparison sites as well and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for sooner if you peruse the Internet forum. That site I gave is a good start though and will give you a good idea of what you should expect.

Regards
Brad S

pokerraja
12-26-2004, 02:51 AM
thanks brad,
i appreciate the prompt reply. i guess i have some research to do. its getting late now, i will continue with this tommorow. so, i guess im definitly missing out on some money, now its just a matter of me doing the leg work and getting everything set up. let me also add, im a complete newbie when it comes to bonus whoring and affiliate type of programs. maybe i will copy and paste this thread in the internet forum also. thanks again.

illab
12-26-2004, 03:35 AM
I can give you the email address of the guy I signed up with hes giving me 20% of the sngs fee back plus he set up a new party poker account for me so I didn't have to move to Empire or somewhere else.

Mr_J
12-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on 'Ponks' & 'rakecash.com' (both 25% at empire) and 'keepyourrake' (25% at party)???

Chief911
12-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Um, I would NOT sign up with an affiliate who "creates" a new account on party for you. Sounds like a bad deal.

There are numerous people on 2+2 who are empire affiliates. I personally use Davidross, who is a well known and trusted poster. Inthacup and a few others are affiliates as well.

I would say the key is finding an affiliate who you trust will not scew you.

Nick

Mr_J
12-26-2004, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Um, I would NOT sign up with an affiliate who "creates" a new account on party for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't realize they did that. I'm new so I don't exactly know who to trust. Anyone got any advice? I basically only play party sngs but rakeback is still worth it (around $300 a week for me)

pokerraja
12-26-2004, 11:15 AM
so who ever signs me up as thier affiliate, they are the one who is paying me? so their has to be a great deal of trust thier, right? it would be rather easy for them to screw me. is thier any way to skip the middleman and have checks come directly to me?

Benholio
12-26-2004, 11:22 AM
You are right, there is a great deal of trust here. No, there isn't any way to get the money directly, since in the grand scheme of things you aren't supposed to be getting it at all.

My suggestion is to find someone who has 100+ posts here on 2p2, and a few people who can vouch for them. I can actually recommend one to you, but I was replying here to answer and not spam hehe, so send me a PM if you want. (Did I just spam anyway? oh well! disclaimer: I'm not an affiliate)

stripsqueez
12-26-2004, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so who ever signs me up as thier affiliate, they are the one who is paying me? so their has to be a great deal of trust thier, right? it would be rather easy for them to screw me. is thier any way to skip the middleman and have checks come directly to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, yes, and no

there are now some rules about requesting a rake back deal via posting which are basically you cant do it - if you do some searching in the internet forum you will find the detail about the rules and a lot of useful info about affiliates/rake back but you shouldnt do it via posting

there are a bunch of reputable affiliates on these boards - for a deal at empire which is what you should be doing in my view dont take less than a 20% refund but make your first priority to find someone you trust or comes well reccomended

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

pokerraja
12-26-2004, 11:34 AM
thanks for information. i hope im not breaking any rules just inquiring for information. i have gotten a few pms from interested parties. i will look into it. thanks to all.

Mr_J
12-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Ok, just checked the affiliate section of the party site, and they pay 20% to affiliates, and affiliates pay us 20%, so where is their profit?

AleoMagus
12-26-2004, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so their has to be a great deal of trust thier, right? it would be rather easy for them to screw me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there does have to be a significant amount of trust, as long as you are signing up under an affiliate who is an individual, and who may be breaking Party's terms of service by providing a rakeback.

It is for this reason that I do not actually recommend joining an affiliate like this. I prefer to go with affiliates who the sites are aware of and who are not just a single individual, but rather, a business. These kinds of affiliates generally offer slightly less than what some promise, but you have a certain degree of added security and can be sure of the longevity of you arrangement.

Two examples of such affiliates are:

www.rakereturns.com (http://www.rakereturns.com)
www.pokersourceonline.com (http://www.pokersourceonline.com)

I'm sure there are others. I've noticed a few new ones lately that seem to appear pretty legit, but who I'm still sceptical of because their offers seem too good. They claim that they are 'legit' and that they do not violate site policies, but I think it's hard to trust that considering what they offer.

An example of this is...

www.balancedreturns.com (http://www.balancedreturns.com)

This is not meant to slag balancedreturns. I just don't know anything about them yet and I'd recommend doing your homework before getting involved. Their offers seem great and they may be your best option. I think they give 23% back on PokerNow which would suit you very well.

A final note: If you start getting a return through Empire or PokerNow, I recommend closing your Party Account and staying with the site you chose for a while. After six months with a closed Party account, I think you can open a new account through another affiliate. In this way, you will have a couple Party skins which you can always switch to if things should go sour with whatever affiliate you choose.

Regards
Brad S

pokerraja
12-26-2004, 12:21 PM
thanks again brad. very good info their. i will check it all out.