PDA

View Full Version : QJ offsuit....clueless

09-21-2001, 07:35 AM
Typical Paradise 2-4. When can I play this hand. I will take ANY examples of playable situations as I have not a clue at this point. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

09-21-2001, 08:12 AM
Never play it in early position, and almost never in middle position. I only play it in late position after 3 or more limpers, or maybe 2 and loose blinds who will rarely raise their blinds, and they have to be weak. I will open raise with it from cut-off and button.

Regards

09-21-2001, 08:44 AM

09-23-2001, 03:23 AM
Pretty much ignore this thing until three off of the button and later.

Any position: never call for 2 bets

Early: always fold

Middle: fold until about 3 off the button, at which point you can call loose limpers; fold to tight early limpers unless you've got or can expect multiway action, but the multiway thing is mixed blessing so use caution

Late: call loose limpers; open for a raise two off the button; Waiting for the cutoff is too tight, IMO.

Small blind: fold to any raise except an ordinarily loose steal from the button, which you should reraise. Beware low limit greenhorns who open-limp late with everything except big hands.

Big blind: fold to a middle raise, call a late raise, with the same caveat about tight raisers.