PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 2-Pair Slow Play?

chrisc649
12-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) no reads

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, BB checks

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif,2 /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players / 2.75BB)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players / 3.75BB)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB folds

Final Pot: 4.5 BB

Basic question. Should I have slow-played the rainbow flop and given the free card since it was a small pot?

SinCityGuy
12-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Normally, you don't want to slowplay a flopped top and bottom pair due to the chance of getting counterfeited by the river, but since it's a small pot I don't think it's a bad play.

TStoneMBD
12-26-2004, 03:28 PM
slowplaying 2pair in a 5handed pot is generally pretty ridiculous. bet.

schroedy
12-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Maybe I have been hit with one too many miracle/disaster cards in my life, but I am pretty damn happy when they all fold on the turn. If I am getting action, there is plenty to worry about.

A2s has a very low expectation to begin with and the bulk of its value does NOT come from 2 pair situations.

Bet and make them pay to catch up. Top and bottom pair is not a hand that is going to win some monster pot as a general rule.

Nightwish
12-26-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) no reads

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, BB checks

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif,2 /images/graemlins/club.gif,7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players / 2.75BB)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players / 3.75BB)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB folds

Final Pot: 4.5 BB

Basic question. Should I have slow-played the rainbow flop and given the free card since it was a small pot?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, cause you would absolutely love to see that 7 pair up.

random@cash
12-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Sarcasm aside, your line post flop looks good. IMO unraised pf you're not looking at any big/med. aces that would call a turn checkraise then river bet. Better to make second pair and back door draws pay while you can.

nate1729
12-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Well, I think playing it fast is correct here, but that's not because there are three cards in the deck you don't want to see.

ReMMy
12-27-2004, 02:24 PM
I'll be betting and raising my 2 pair while I'm pretty sure its good. Your hand is strong, but still vulnerable and you'll get action from any ace and flop calls from some lower pairs usually as well.