PDA

View Full Version : Trips /w A9 - too weak?

Anders_G
12-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Just sat down, posted BB in cutoff.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB folds.

This call is horrible considering the straight-draw available but I fealt my hand was good and I wanted the flop-bettor to bet into me on the river so I could raise him.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should I cap and then call river or should I cap both turn and river? Or should I call the turn and raise the river? Basically this is where I have to take a decision - What route should I take?

River: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Thank you.

Fabian
12-26-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure how good it is to post in CO with 8 players being dealt in.

Raise the flop, very dangerous board (not only the straightdraws you mentioned but also a flushdraw).

With the line you chose, I would cap the turn, call the river if he bet into me or bet the river if he checked. And call him if he made the checkraise.