PDA

View Full Version : River choices

James282
12-25-2004, 09:13 PM
My cousin is in town for Christmas and was sweating me a little tonight. He is a pretty good player, and he questioned my river decision in each of these hands. I'd like to hear how some of you would play the river specifically in each of these hands...and if you want to comment on any other parts of each of these hands, feel free.
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.83 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (5.83 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

12-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Bet the river.

12-25-2004, 09:24 PM
You have great position here. Bet the flop, and hope for UTG to raise!

Since you didn't..I'm check calling the river. Do you think Button cold/called with Q9 or worse pre-flop?
Sure he could have TT or JJ but I think you're behind AQ, KQ, or QJ way more often.

12-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Value bet river.

Evan
12-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Hand 1: I think this is a clear river bet. IMO the only hard part is when you get raised, but I'm leaning toward calling if CO is a typical 15/30 player; you're play looks like a whiffed draw taht is trying to steal the pot.

Hand 2: I'm betting and calling a raise. I think AQ would raise the turn and you really can't fold to a raise when the perfect bluff card comes off.

Hand 3: Seems a lot like the first one, you have to bet IMO but the fun part is when you get raised. To this point I think this guy has a lower pocket pair, maybe a 7 or a 4, but surely not a hand that had you beat before the river. That king, although scary to your jacks, doesn't seem likely to help any hand he could have. So I think I call a raise getting ~9:1.

Try playing some hands in position dude, its a lot more fun.

James282
12-26-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I think this is a clear river bet. IMO the only hard part is when you get raised, but I'm leaning toward calling if CO is a typical 15/30 player; you're play looks like a whiffed draw taht is trying to steal the pot.

Hand 2: I'm betting and calling a raise. I think AQ would raise the turn and you really can't fold to a raise when the perfect bluff card comes off.

Hand 3: Seems a lot like the first one, you have to bet IMO but the fun part is when you get raised. To this point I think this guy has a lower pocket pair, maybe a 7 or a 4, but surely not a hand that had you beat before the river. That king, although scary to your jacks, doesn't seem likely to help any hand he could have. So I think I call a raise getting ~9:1.

Try playing some hands in position dude, its a lot more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play tons of hands in position, but most of those are very easy to play, especially on the river.
-James