PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week

10-06-2001, 01:07 AM
Been handicapping up to the last minute here. I really like Tampa as well, played them at -2.5 and they would have been the top play, but I have switched to feeling this game is a slightly better play...

Titans +4 over Ravens

Started seeing some 4's out there, that is a key number so grab it if you can. I think most factors favor the Titans here. McCrary and Siragusa are banged up, but probably starters and Lewis is possibly out. Those are three guys the Ravens can't go without in this particular game because it means Eddie George coming to a secondary near you. McNair starting again gives a key dimension because as good as O'Donnell can run up the pass yards, his immobility kills too many drives with crucial sacks or hurries. My feeling is that if McNair wasn't at least 90% they would just stick with O'Donnell so that tells me he should be able to contribute and isn't rushing back from injury. I mean they had 325 yards passing and 6 points with O'Donnell, enough said about who you would want in there. As bad as people have been trying to make out the Titans situation, a win here and they are 1-2 and only half game behind the Ravens with the home matchup coming later. That being said this game is extremely crucial for them to win and this team is too focused and talented not to back here in light of the injuries the Ravens will have to overcome. Further compelling is the number of turnovers the Ravens have had this year going up against an opportunistic team and defense which makes much of its hay off the turnover. Last week the Ravens won because they played a team that relies on offense to win. This week they play a team that is all about ball control and defense and they enter it with three key players at less than 100%. And I get 4 points. What isn't there to like in all that?

10-06-2001, 12:02 PM