PDA

View Full Version : When two become three...

MoDOH
12-25-2004, 04:00 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

no read on villain...
Standard or do you slow down somewhere?

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (13.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 21.66 BB

Evan
12-25-2004, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you slow down somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

private joker
12-25-2004, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't worry about QT or 76 since he raised PF. Only if you have a read that he'll open-raise with any remotely playable hand should you slow down. Otherwise, keep jammin'!

mrpurple
12-25-2004, 04:18 PM
the only hand that beats you is Q10. He raised preflop. He doesn't have Q10 like 99.999$ of the time. You're either looking at on overplayed pair of aces or 99 for the always painful set over set.

Entity
12-25-2004, 04:20 PM
When I 4-bet the river, if he 5-bets, I probably just call. I'm probably laggro enough that I'd openraise QTs from MP2 sometime, so if I'm up against me, then yeah, I might call the river. But postflop descriptions of play are important here. What do you know about this player?

Rob

Evan
12-25-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I 4-bet the river, if he 5-bets, I probably just call

[/ QUOTE ]
...Party Poker support.

Entity
12-25-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I 4-bet the river, if he 5-bets, I probably just call

[/ QUOTE ]
...Party Poker support.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That was my not-so-subtle way of saying yeah, I probably cap because he's got 99 more often than QTs. If he's like me, though, I might just call the river 3-bet. If he's laggro preflop but good postflop, like CDC, then that's probably about the same.

Rob

Evan
12-25-2004, 04:27 PM
The average Party fucktard is not raising QTs here because it is a "drawing hand" [insert demeaning scowl]. If this guy happened to have it then i guess that blows, but by the time its our turn to cap the river I still think we're ahead more than 50% of the time. If it was a 5 bet cap then I'd call.

Entity
12-25-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The average Party fucktard is not raising QTs here because it is a "drawing hand" [insert demeaning scowl]. If this guy happened to have it then i guess that blows, but by the time its our turn to cap the river I still think we're ahead more than 50% of the time. If it was a 5 bet cap then I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, you're raising QTs in MP2 here, right? Just curious. I picked up raising that hand from CDC and I'm doing damned well with it, but I could just be running hot. It's usually a limping hand, but I raise it more often now than I used to.

Rob

Evan
12-25-2004, 04:37 PM
Yea, open limping in MP is punishable by a lengthy prison sentence around here.

Entity
12-25-2004, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, open limping in MP is punishable by a lengthy prison sentence around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. I was just wondering whether you raise or fold QTs in MP2.

Guess it probably depends on table texture, so let's assume you know you've got a TAG on your left.

Rob

Bob T.
12-25-2004, 04:47 PM
At some point, you have to start considering the possibility of QT, but I don't know where.

Everyone discounts the possibility of that hand, because of his preflop raise, but it seems to me, that that would be a standard open raise from MP, so I don't really think that that is evidence that he doesn't have it.

On the flop, your first bet is pretty much an autobet, so his checkraise might be a semibluff, hoping to win on the turn, if you have an underpair, or AK.

On the flop is where the real action starts, and his first bet is pretty meaningless, when he three bets, you start to have to give him credit for a hand, but most hands that he could have are behind you, your cap is standard.

When he bets out on the turn, you should be a little concerned, but I don't know if you really can say that QT is a favorite over a set yet, so I think your raise is probably correct. When he threebets, you are a lot concerned, but at the same time, if you reraise, he can't reraise you, so you only need to bet a 51:49 favorite to cap it here. I don't believe that you have a lock to win, but without a read, I am more likely to put your opponent on an underset, or overplayed pocket aces, than QT. I am not going to be surprised if you lost.

Schizo
12-25-2004, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The average Party fucktard is not raising QTs here because it is a "drawing hand" [insert demeaning scowl].

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone discounts the possibility of that hand, because of his preflop raise, but it seems to me, that that would be a standard open raise from MP, so I don't really think that that is evidence that he doesn't have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Evan both talked about raising with QT. SSH does not list raising for QT in late position let alone middle. Why do you guy talk about raising with QT?

[ QUOTE ]
so you only need to bet a 51:49 favorite to cap it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get this number? I'm guessing your just saying you need to be a slight favorite.

Bob T.
12-25-2004, 09:34 PM
You and Evan both talked about raising with QT. SSH does not list raising for QT in late position let alone middle. Why do you guy talk about raising with QT?

Because I open raise a lot of hands from middle position, especially late middle position, where the original raise came from. QTs is well within the range. But then, hopefully, I am not the average party fucktard /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

How did you get this number? I'm guessing your just saying you need to be a slight favorite.

Yeah, that's what I meant, when there is the possibility of being reraised, you need to be stronger to put in the last raise, so whenever you are capping, or dealing with an all in situation, you can be looser when you raise.