PDA

View Full Version : QT on the Button

wuarhg
12-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Villain hasn't gone out of line, seems to be the typical Pokerstars player. Is this goot?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

aflaba
12-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Looks great

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-25-2004, 11:35 AM
I'd probably bet every street. Can someone tell me why this is wrong? Is it because if decent player is calling on that board, he's probably beating you with a weak K? Or are you trying to induce a bluff?

Let's say the river is a brick. Do you bet, call if he bets, raise if he bets, or fold?

wuarhg
12-25-2004, 11:44 AM
I would probably call, I don't think there's anything wrong with betting every street if you're ready to fold to a turn raise (read dependant ofcourse).

ctv1116
12-25-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't quite understand the river raise. You are in a position where you either win an extra bet or lose an extra two bets (you get reraised and you call). That means you have to be 66% sure that the player doesn't have a J. I don't think you can have that confidence. Given the call, you are probably good, but I don't know whether I'd river-raise.

wuarhg
12-25-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't quite understand the river raise. You are in a position where you either win an extra bet or lose an extra two bets (you get reraised and you call). That means you have to be 66% sure that the player doesn't have a J. I don't think you can have that confidence. Given the call, you are probably good, but I don't know whether I'd river-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

A very good point, I should really have noticed this. But that's the reason we post these hands anyway ;-)

RunDownHouse
12-25-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm wondering the same thing: why check on the turn? There's a million drawing hands that would take one off on the flop, so I don't understand why one should worry about him hitting a king.

lehighguy
12-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I would be the flop and turn, check the river. You need to bet turn, you have prevent draws. On the river I just check because its one bet for two, and he could easily have been on the straight draw and whole time.

Also, if the river had been a dud, I still might check. I can't imagine a good player calling without top pair or mid pair. So if we suppose you out kick him thats only a 50% chance on winning. However, if the player is loose then I bet for value (if he always calls when a blind this would be a good value bet).