PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 during the holidays

joker122
12-25-2004, 03:45 AM
Has anyone noticed that in the last month or so 5/10 has played much more like 10/20 (i.e. more LAG) than usual?

And, like 10/20 usually does, it's been kicking my ass.

JrJordan
12-25-2004, 03:49 AM
I've heard this from a few places. I picked a bad time to move up too. Dropped 150 BB and needless to say I'm bonus whoring and playing the 2/4 6-max at PS until the bankroll is ready again. Hopefully by then it turns back into the passive game we all know and love.

Perseus
12-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Ughh im at 280BB and was getting ready to move up to 5/10 when I hit 350BB...

...maybe I'll just wait until the games die down a little. I've seen that the 5/10 has become much harder on mutliple threads. Any other regulars care to share recent experiences...any differences in VP$IP/PFR/ or Aggression?

balkii
12-25-2004, 03:35 PM
i dont have any stats for you but these games arre AGGRO as all hell! twice I raise AK last night, find myself HU out of position on a missed flop. Bet the flop, get raised. I go into call down mode. I am shown 32o the first time (who rivered a pair of deuces), and 43o the second time (he wasn't so lucky.) Both players had undercards to the board with no pair and no draw.

lehighguy
12-25-2004, 03:57 PM
I never played 5/10 until this month so I can't compare it to past. I find game selection using playerview is key. Just sit the the right of a fish or two and your good to go.

If you think people are trying to pull a fast one then throw in a flop reraise somewhere. Say like this:
Hero: button, K7
fold, fold, fold, hero raise, sb fold, BB call.
Flop: A, rag, rag
BB checks, hero bets, BB raises, Hero reraises.

If they are screwing with you they may fold or call and fold turn. Only do this if they try the check raise play alot. It will stop them from doing it again.