PDA

View Full Version : AA

ewile
12-25-2004, 12:48 AM
COis slightly loose/passive
BB was brand new at the table

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

W. Deranged
12-25-2004, 01:31 AM
I originally was going to say that you should raise the turn, but I actually think that you played this totally correctly.

CO's raise says to me that he has an overpair (A7 is a possibility, but unlikely). So he is probably drawing to no more than 2 outs and you are happy to have him in the hand. BB's bet is very odd considering the strength that you have already shown. He may well have turned his straight and wants to assure action on the turn (a lot of low limit players make very obvious and less-than-maximal bets like this). You will certainly be ahead here enough of the time to keep going. Raising here is only likely to force out the CO, who you are almost certainly beating and will be giving you plenty of overlay to make up for the percentage of the time that you are behind. The worst thing that could happen would be to raise, force out CO, and get three-bet. This way, you're putting in 2 bets to win 4 when you're ahead instead of 3 bets to win 3 (most of the time).

Well done.

ewile
12-25-2004, 01:36 AM
Thank you.

SPOILER______________

CO has JJ and BB hit a straight (A5)

JEM7VSBL
12-25-2004, 02:10 AM
i would follow the exact same line. too often you'll be facing two pair, and you're hoping for the board to pair without filling up your opponent.