12-25-2004, 01:35 AM
P.O.S = Piece of ..... ?

WillMagic
12-25-2004, 02:12 AM
S= Sardonicbrilliance, obviously.

Will

Rick Nebiolo
12-25-2004, 02:50 AM
In the "Most Disturbing Movie Thread" from a few weeks ago I posted the following:

"The movie "Closer" in wide release right now would be disturbing to any couple that isn't absolutely 100% secure in their relationship. See it alone or with a buddy."

Does that make it a P.O.S.? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

rusty JEDI
12-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Natalie Portman did nude scenes for it.
Then later asked for them to be removed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

rJ

Duke
12-25-2004, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then later asked for them to be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saving them for the DVD Extended Edition?

~D

Joe_d72
12-25-2004, 01:28 PM
P.O.S. that is a joke it is a great movie. It is one of the best movies I have seen this year.

rusty JEDI
12-25-2004, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is one of the best movies I have seen this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you only saw one other movie this year, and i hope it was bad.

rJ

andyfox
12-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Have you ever met any people in your life who talk like that? I know a few dermatologists. They're not that glib. Just your typical day: you meet Natalie Portman on the street and sleep with her, then you meet Julia Roberts taking your picture and she falls in love with you at first sight. And that annoying song.

Feh. Give me some real people. The people don't have to be perfect, just real. See Sideways.

andyfox
12-25-2004, 02:16 PM
I only wish she had done some acting scenes.

andyfox
12-25-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm sure part of it is my age (51). I couldn't relate to those people at all. All that clever talk trying to be clever.

But what did you like about it?

Rick Nebiolo
12-25-2004, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever met any people in your life who talk like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me there - I haven't. But I haven't been to any art galleries lately.

[ QUOTE ]
I know a few dermatologists. They're not that glib.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not very PC. I'll bet there are many glib dermatologists and all genders, races, economic groups and professions can have people who are glib. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just your typical day: you meet Natalie Portman on the street and sleep with her...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I looked as good as Jude Law, was twenty years younger, was unattached, and met a desperate waif on the street who looked liked Natalie Portman I bet I could do it (under the right circumstances) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...then you meet Julia Roberts taking your picture and she falls in love with you at first sight

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't Julia Roberts fallen in love with just about every leading man she ever acted with? That wasn't a stretch at all.

[ QUOTE ]
And that annoying song.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot about the song. If it was annoying I would still remember it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Feh. Give me some real people. The people don't have to be perfect, just real.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dermatologist looked real.

[ QUOTE ]
See Sideways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will.

~ Rick

PS Do you think those rimless glasses Jude Law wore looked too metrosexual?Lately I've been wearing the rimmed prescription glasses that I originally bought for doing computer work when I go out (my contacts only get me about 90% of the way to decent vision). I think I'd look better in rimless.

SossMan
12-25-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure part of it is my age (51). I couldn't relate to those people at all. All that clever talk trying to be clever.

But what did you like about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i take it you liked About Schmidt

i did, too.

andyfox
12-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Haven't seen it. I liiked Sideways and I think it's the same director.

TimTimSalabim
12-25-2004, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just your typical day: you meet Natalie Portman on the street and sleep with her, then you meet Julia Roberts taking your picture and she falls in love with you at first sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might have missed that there's a unstated time gap between each scene of several months to a year.

andyfox
12-25-2004, 08:20 PM
No, I got it. They specifically give the time gaps in the dialogue. I think it was four months later than he met Julia Roberts. I was being a bit sarcastic.

TimTimSalabim
12-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Ok, the sarcasm doesn't always come through online. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FWIW, I liked Sideways better as well. Paul Giamatti deserves an Oscar. And it's good to see Virginia Madsen again.

Bill Murphy
12-25-2004, 11:15 PM
...defo in my alltime bottom five. Thought the movie was OK, nothin' special. Sideways roolz ok.

andyfox
12-26-2004, 01:51 AM
Can't take my eyes off of you

Great lyrics, huh?

sfer
12-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah it is. He also directed Election. I don't think you'll like Election, which has a much harder edge than Sideways. For my money, Election might be the funniest movie of the last 10 years.

Paluka
12-27-2004, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it is. He also directed Election. I don't think you'll like Election, which has a much harder edge than Sideways. For my money, Election might be the funniest movie of the last 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Election is a great movie, but it is no Rushmore.

theBruiser500
03-05-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever met any people in your life who talk like that? I know a few dermatologists. They're not that glib. Just your typical day: you meet Natalie Portman on the street and sleep with her, then you meet Julia Roberts taking your picture and she falls in love with you at first sight. And that annoying song.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so maybe this has been corrected, those two events didn't happen on the same day, they were a decent amount of time apart.

theBruiser500
03-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Okay I guess that has been addressed. Andyfox, someone said you should see About Schmidt if you haven't seen it yet I recommend it too.

I liked this movie because of the actors/actresses, they're very good. I like Natalie Portman's character, after seeing her in this and Garden State I want to marry her.

SmileyEH
03-05-2005, 05:28 AM
About Schmidt sucked.

-SmileyEH

MissOt
03-05-2005, 06:41 AM
yea NP was great in this as well as garden state. it was a very good movie overall. i liked it

BoxTree
03-05-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Paul Giamatti deserves an Oscar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giamatti is an excellent actor, but he has never been cheated of an Oscar. Take any performance he has given in any movie and I'll show you a better performance by a different actor in the same year.

To deserve an Oscar (in a world where the Oscar is actually given for best actor/supporting actor), an actor must give a better performance than every other actor that year. Giamatti has yet to do this.

That said, I think he'll be cheated of an Oscar before 2015, and I think he'll actually win an Oscar by 2025.