PDA

View Full Version : KK in UTG

wuarhg
12-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Villain is seems to be a bit weak-tight, I like these weak-tight players at Pokerstars 6-max. btw, this is my first time really playing 6-max seriously. I feel like i'm doing pretty good. I usually play Party 3/6.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

lehighguy
12-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Raise the turn. If he hit flush wouldn't he checkraise? You have an out with Kh, not to mention your two outer for the boat (assuming he has flush). If he has pair or draw you got him beat and want more chips. A lot of people would bet into a draw on this flop in order to semi bluff, after all if you raised flop you'll bet the turn so it costs them the same amount of money this way. He may even fear you made a free card play and be betting his pair. If he has flush he may trip bet and you can fold, or he may stop pushing figuring you have better flush. Now you can check through on the river because of posistion.

It costs the same to raise the turn and check through on the river as to simply call each (if thats your plan). Also, if he raises back into you then theres a good chance he has A-high flush or boat and your drawing to a two outer and can fold. After all, you raised preflop, flop, and turn, so hes not going to three bet without the nuts.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-25-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm with lehighguy here...raise the turn.